Chapter 25: Exposing the truth

Eshan's POV:

I was going to drink the milk when I heard a loud sobbing voice from the washroom.

I turned to my side and was going to go to the washroom to see if Sarah was alright but the moment I turned to my side, I saw Sarah.

Sarah was wearing a nice long red gown. It was silky red gown with lacy design on the arms. The gown hugged her body in such a way that it was showing her beautiful curves. Her wavy hair was open and long and reached till her waist. She didn't wore makeup anymore but her face was so smooth and even. She looked magnificent.

However, the only thing that was bothering me was that she was crying. I could see her eyes had tears on them and it rolled down till her cheeks.

I wondered what happened.

I wanted to ask her what happened but before I could do anything, she ran to me and took the glass of milk from my hand.

"Mr. Jatt, you can't drink this!" She said in her sobbing voice.

I looked at her confusingly. "Why . . ."

"You just can't, okay?!" She almost screamed as she looked at me. Her eyes were red and her hands that was holding the glass of milk was trembling.

I didn't understand.

Why did she got so aggressive all of a sudden?

"This milk is bad for you. You can't drink it, Mr. Jatt," she said in more aggressive voice. "You just can't, okay?!"

Now, it was getting on my nerves.

She was ordering me at this point and I hated getting ordered. So, I grabbed the glass of milk from her hand by force and as I was taller than her, she was trying to grab it from me, but it didn't reach her.

I just didn't understand why she was being so overwhelmed by a glass of milk.

So, as she watched, I leaned near the glass and put my mouth on the edge of the glass to drink it.

"No!" She cried out as she jumped to reach my hand and pushed the glass away.

The glass pushed out of my hand and fell on the floor at a distance from us and shattered into pieces as the milk spilled all over the floor.

"There was poison, you idiot!" She cried out as more tears rolled down her eyes.

I was shocked.

I stared at her eyes as I noticed more tears rolling down her eyes.

"T-h-e milk . . . had poison in it?" I asked her as my mind was filled with confusion.

What did she mean?

I noticed her looked down, trying to figure out what to tell me.

"Sarah, mom mom prepared the milk," I told her. "She could never poison it-"

"She didn't," Sarah looked at me. "It was not her. It was . . ." She paused and turned her head away from me.

I looked at her confusingly. I was more confused now.

"Sarah, what's going on?" I asked her.

She walked away from me and walked towards the window, silently.

"Sarah?"

"Waali Jatt . . ." I heard a low whisper as I stood facing her back.

Waali Jatt?

I froze.

It was the same name as my uncle. My uncle who betrayed our trust 5 years ago.

My hand fisted as I remembered how we found my aunt's dead body on her room. I was very young that time but Sayed and I, we both saw how brutally she was killed and we knew it was uncle.

Waali Jatt - a serial killer

But, how did Sarah knew about Waali Jatt?

I noticed how she kept standing near the window. She was silent. I walked near her and stepped on the side at an angle where I could see her pressing her lips together as tears kept rolling down her eyes.

I have never seen her crying this much. I did not care what was on her mind right now, I just wanted to run to her and hugged her so I could at least console her.

But, I knew this was not the time. I needed to know the truth.

"Waali Jatt planned to poison you," she whispered.

I looked at her in shock.

That can't be . . .

It was just not possible.

Beacause . . .

"I thought he was put into prison long time ago by Inspector Iqbal Awan," I said as I noticed how more tears rolling down her eyes.

It was like I couldn't hear her sobbing voice but I could see how she was breaking down.

But why was she crying so much? What else did she knew?

And Inspector Iqbal Awan was supposed to take care of uncle . . .

Suddenly, my mind clicked into something.

Iqbal Awan . . .

Sarah Awan . . .

My heart was beating faster as I noticed how the last name were same. It couldn't be . . .

No . . .

I saw Sarah turning to me. The vast window was transparent and I could see how the full moon was at the sky and she was standing right next to window, making her body looked almost glowly under the moonlight.

"Inspector Iqbal was my father who was . . ." She paused and then whispered. " . . . Killed . . . By Waali Jatt and he got away with his crimes a long time ago . . ."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Waali destroyed my family and made me one of his people, and gave me a mission . . ." her voice lowered as she looked at me. Her eyes were all watery and filled with guilt. " . . . A mission to kill Eshan Jatt . . ."

I stared at her in shock.

This couldn't be true but I let her continue as she began to tell me everything.

--------》

Somewhere in PIE in Canada . . .

Third person POV

A man standing at the top floor of one building where he could get a view of the Jatt's mansion and right in the window of Eshan's room.

He was spying on Sarah and Eshan.

His phone rang as he picked his phone. "Yes boss."

"Did Sarah did what she was told?" Another voice was heard on the other line of the phone.

"No boss," the spy said. "In fact, she threw the glass of milk from Eshan's hand. The mission is unsuccessful, boss."

"That bitch!" The person yelled on the other end of the phone. "She is going to pay for it. Go with plan B now. I want Aliya in my den."

The spy laughed. "Don't worry, boss. She is only 5. It won't take much effort to kill her."

"No, bring her alive," the boss ordered. "I have more plan for Sarah. Plus, it would be fun for Sarah to watch her own sister get shot in front of her."

The spy laughed. "On it, boss. Your wish is my command."