4-INTIMIDATION

The house was elegantly furnished, everything seemed ornate and well-structured. Grindelwald led her through what she assumed was the living area, his feet clattering against the wooden floor.
He abruptly turned towards her, not speaking a single word. He held himself in pristine fashion, head held high above all others; a gesture of his superiority. But, with her he maintained a certain equilibrium, his eyes seemed eased where earlier they were sharp as lightning. Perhaps he believed she was in some aspects almost his equal but to say he admired her would be going too far.  Then again, no one really could fathom what went on in Gellert Grindelwald's mind.
And she was the only person among one other whom he perhaps held or will come to hold in a higher regard.
Theodora shifted uncomfortably, attempting not to be too alarmed by the fact that she was currently standing in the house of the most wanted wizard in the world. She debated whether or not she had made an accurate choice and was still questioning if she should call the ministry right at the moment. But, if they were to find her here, they would indubitably throw her in Azkaban, that is if Grindelwald didn't execute her first; and she most certainly had no intention as of yet to be the catalyst for the failure of Gellert Grindelwald's plans.
Just as these thoughts made their way around her head, a tall and well-dressed woman entered the room, she didn't seem to notice the female standing at the door as she bowed her head to Grindelwald.
"You've returned." She spoke in a thick french accent, maintaining a respectful countenance in front of Gellert.
He nodded in her direction, "Yes. And with a new addition to our ranks."
Theodora contemplated the tall wizard as he said those words, their eyes met for a subtle second after which she turned her attention to the second female.
Vinda asserted the young witch with a curious glance, her features were contorted in confusion.
"I've seen you before." She whispered. Her expression did not transform as she walked towards her. Theodora narrowed her eyes, her hands curled up into fists as the Raven-haired woman stood a mere two inches away from her.
She was agitated, Grindelwald could tell. The firmly set jaw, the restless actions of the hands and the stiff posture. But, what the reason to her agitation was, he was not aware. She was hiding something, he was sure of it. But, he had ways of convalescing his means and he would surely discover what the emerald-eyed witch was holding back.
"I beg your pardon?" She elucidated, startled by the woman's close proximity.
Her gaze wandered over her face as if she were searching her memory for a lost fragment, "I know you from somewhere."
Theodora lingered there a moment longer and announced before stepping away, "I'm afraid you've been mistaken. If we'd met I would remember you, believe me."
Grindelwald watched the exchange with a vacant expression, "You've very well established the fact of your incompetency, Vinda. Now, I would like to get on with much urgent matters."
Rosier walked away flustered, sparing a glare in Theodora's direction.
"Have the others returned yet?" He questioned her coldly.
"Nagel has. Abernathy and Macduff are on their way to report. The others are away on their tasks as per your orders."
He nodded as he strolled along the plush carpet, his feet making no noise whatsoever.
Theodora cleared her throat, turning the attention towards her, "I trust someone will have to fill me in on the plans?"
Grindelwald positioned to a halt as he smirked at her, "You will be, soon enough."
She scoffed, "When is 'soon enough' supposed to be?"
He averted his eyes towards her in a malicious manner, sparing no look of leniency.
Grindelwald started walking in her direction and stopped at a distance when their breaths mingled with one another. "Do not mistake my forbearance for mercy, Miss Tudor. I may be patient towards you, but I still am your leader."
His words curled around her throat like a viper, the harshness searing into her skin. As she attempted to move away, he grabbed her arm in a ferocious grip. She gasped as the muscles of her limb screamed in pain,"Now, soon comes when I say it comes. I want no questioning of my orders. Do we have an understanding?"
She wanted not to answer him, and nothing more would please her than to defy him but this time she yielded.
"Do we have an understanding?" His voice reached a higher tone as his grip tightened leaving marks on her right arm. Swallowing her pride, she finally graced him with a brief nod.
He smiled satisfactorily as he let go of her arm while she straightened her clothes trying not to flinch at the pain.
"Good."
He turned to Rosier and motioned her forward, "Vinda, show Miss Tudor to her quarters and see that she has everything she requires."
Rosier nodded and eyed Theodora as a motion for her to follow. She spared one look at the tall, blonde wizard who now had his back towards her. Then with one final glance she turned away and followed Vinda out of the room.