15-HATEFUL ARDOUR

Theodora grabbed the scarf that was draped across the chair she was formerly sitting on and hastily draped it around her neck, in a manner that made it seem more like a noose rather than the former. As she turned away to walk across the street, Newt firmly grabbed her hand, preventing her from moving any further.

"Oh no you don't, you're not just stranding me like the last time. I won't let you leave until you tell me what's going on."

Theodora widened her eyes anxiously, attempting to free her hand but to no avail. She sighed in frustration and dragged him away. As they happened upon a reasonably unnoticeable region of the city, Theodora held up her hand for Newt to see a beautiful, silver and currently-glowing bracelet encircling her wrist.

Newt stared at the peculiar artefact, brushing his fingers against the cool, metallic surface only to pull it away with a slight hiss, "Ow!"

He rubbed his hands together and eyed the silver trinket with distaste, "What is that?"

Theodora brought her hand down and looked about for any prying eyes, "Grindelwald gave it to me. It's sort of a means to alert whenever he's gathering up his followers, like right now- which is why I have to leave."

"Alright, but why did it sting like that?"

"To ensure nobody can remove it except for me. Now please Newt.... I really have to go; Merlin knows what'll he'll do if I don't."

The brunette sighed exasperatedly, running a hand through his unkempt hair messing it up even further, "I really don't want to let you go back to him but I know you must. Stay safe, Thea....and come back home, as quick as you can."

The Tudor witch smiled up at her friend, leaning forward to wrap her arms around his torso and surprisingly he returned the gesture. But, truth be told, hugs always came easier to him with her.

"Believe me that's what I've been waiting for since the first day."

They broke away from their embrace as Theodora smiled warmly at the brunette, a moment later a tiny, green creature crawled its way from inside Newt's pocket and wrapped itself around her finger; Theodora laughed as she tickled him with her free hand, "I'll see you soon little guy, don't worry." With that, she deposited him onto Newt's shoulder and once again turned her attention to the latter, "Well...I'll see you, Newt and soon I hope. Inform me when that man resurfaces, he'll probably lead you to Tina as well."

Newt nodded, grabbing Pickett and placing him once again into his coat pocket, "Of course."

She passed him a final wink and disappeared with a crack of air.

Grindelwald's POV

Gellert Grindelwald stood entirely still by the stream that cut its way noiselessly through the clearing. His black clothing seemed to go perfectly well with the reds and golds of the freshly fallen autumn leaves on the ground and the ones that still hung on the tall deciduous trees. He cast his face in the direction of the filtered sunlight that streamed its way through the canopy, the mellow heat felt good against his skin and made his hair seem a shade lighter if that was even possible. Just as he basked in the tranquility of the woods, a crack to his side disrupted his train of thought and almost subconsciously he stretched his arm to steady the figure who now stood at his side.

The female looked up at him with eyes resembling clear-cut emeralds wearing a look of slight confusion and surprise on her face. She however turned her attention on Gellert's arm which was still gripping her own, he turned once again towards the stream and loosened his grip at which she abruptly pulled her arm away, straightening her clothes in a flustered manner. Grindelwald smirked in his usual way, positioning his back behind his back in a calculated fashion, "Ah, Miss Tudor I've been waiting for your arrival. What may I ask took you so long?"