Chapter 3

It is 8 o'clock when Sara is awakened by the ringing of her phone. She picks it up and sees that it is Dan. She rejects the call and puts the phone back on the nightstand. She isn't in the mood to talk to him now. She gets up and gets dressed. Her phone rings again. She sighs as she sees that it is Dan again. She answers the phone. "Dan, I am not in the mood for you now," she says. "Please can we talk. I am sorry about what I said," Dan says. Sara takes a second to think about it. "You hurt me Dan. I don't think it can be fixed by talking it out," Sara says. She is just about to hang up before he speaks again. "Babe, I love you so much. Please just give me a chance. Come over to my house and we can talk about it. Next week you have to go back to school, and then I will barely get to see you. Just give me a chance please," he begs. Sara gives in. "Fine. I will be there in an hour, but if you accuse me of things I didn't do again, I will leave and never come back to you again," she says and hangs up. She does her hair and makeup and goes downstairs to eat breakfast. Her mom is in the kitchen reading the newspaper when she goes into the kitchen. Her mom never works on Fridays. "Morning Sara," she says as Sara gives her a kiss on the cheek before getting cereal. "Chad says that you were upset yesterday when you got home. Apparently you and Dan had another fight," she says. "Yes, we did, but I am going over to his house to see if we can talk it out," she says calmly. She knows that her mother doesn't approve of her relationship with Dan, but it is mostly because of the age gap between them. "What did you fight about this time?" her mom asks. "I was talking to someone from school, a guy. He accused me of cheating on him with this guy," Sara explains. Her mom sighs. "He is very protective over you. He has to realise that you are not his property to throw around like he pleases," her mom says. "I am going to sort this out. I will be back by noon," Sara says as Chad enters the kitchen. "Are you going to see Dan after what he accused you of?" he asks. He can't believe that Sara still wants to be with Dan. "Yes. He asked me to come over so we can talk about it, and I said I would. I just want to hear what he has to say," she says. "I will drop you off," Chad offers and takes his car keys from the counter. "I will walk. It is good exercise," Sara says. She knows that Chad is on edge after she told him about the person who is following her. "I will walk with you," Chad says. Her mother doesn't understand why Chad wants to go with her. "Is there something that I should know about?" she asks. Sara gives Chad a stern look. "No, I just want to spend more time with Sara. Ever since I started studying, I barely see her," Chad says. "I will go on my own," Sara says. She finishes her breakfast and leaves the house. Chad doesn't like the idea of her being on her own. He follows her out the door with his half-eaten sandwich still in his hand. When Sara sees him, she is irritated. She doesn't want her brother to treat her like a little child. "I will be fine, Chad. You don't have to worry about me. It might have been my imagination," Sara says. "I will never forgive myself if anything happened to you. I am coming with you, whether you want me to, or not," he says. She sighs. "Fine. Let's just get going," she says, and they start walking towards Dan's house.

As he is sitting in the car, he sees Sara and Chad talking, followed by them walking together. Chad was never involved in the plan, but he will have to get him out of the way if he wants to get Sara. He won't kill him, since his goal is to rid the planet of women like Mia, not men. He waits for them to reach the end of the street before he starts the car and drives closer. He has to make sure that they don't notice him. If his cover is blown, she will get away. He watches them turn into the main road. He waits at the stop sign until they are further away, before he turns into the road. The streets are quite on a Saturday morning, especially this early. He won't have to worry about anyone seeing him. Even if someone sees him, they will not know who the man underneath the black hoodie is. He has to get close enough without them noticing him. He parks the car on the sidewalk and gets out He pulls his hoodie over his head. He takes the gun out of the back of the car and places it into the back pocket of his jeans. He pulls his jacket over the gun. Then he starts walking behind them without drawing attention to himself. He moves closer as quite as humanly possible. He is getting so close that he can hear their conversation. "I still think you should break up with him. He is bad news Sara. When will you realise that?" Chad says with frustration in his voice. "This is my choice Chad. You cannot control me or my life!" Sara says. The next moment the grip of the gun collides with Chad's head. He is knocked out instantly and hits the concrete with a thud. Before Sara can scream, a hand places a cloth over her mouth. She attempts to scream, but the cloth prevents her from doing so. Her body becomes heavy as she loses consciousness. He lifts her up into his arms and carries her towards his white Toyota Corolla. He opens the back door and lays her down on the backseat. He ties her up with the constraints he keeps in a bag behind the passenger seat, and ties a cloth around her mouth. "I have you now!" he says and slams the door shut. He gets into the car and drives of into the direction of the warehouse. He looks at her lifeless body on the backseat. Chad is unaware of the danger Sara is in, as he lies lifeless on the sidewalk.