OCHO

Ashton's POV

2:04 am, June 9th, 2014.

Leaving people you care about is terrible. But leaving people you care about, and having them be upset with you, is even worse.

As soon as we finished our last show in London, I headed off to the airport. Most of the boys are staying here until tomorrow, well now it's today, and leaving to head back home. Not taking a plane in the middle of the night to catch a train at freaking five in the morning.

And of course, it just makes everything worse because I can't sleep.

I sit here thinking about if I made the right decision. I hope I did. No one is really happy about it. Including myself. But I did it for a reason, and I am not going back now.

I drift off to sleep trying to convince myself I didn't make a bad decision.

___________

How can there be this many people at a train station this early in the morning. And everyone is dressed up like they're headed off to the opera or something. I look like a homeless person compared to them. But oh well, I'm comfortable, and no one can recognize me with my hood and sunglasses.

I find my way to my small room, and decide against going to sleep in there. I know I'll end up sleeping half the day away, and that's not why I did this.

I head out it where the benches are and notice all the empty seats are taken. So I sit by someone who doesn't look as snobby as most of the people on this train. Well, that's what I see from the back of her head.

I sit down, and immediately notice how tired I am. I am barely fighting to stay awake. But then I think I hear the girl speak "That sunrise is really pretty. Makes waking up this early actually worth it. Don't you think?" I think I respond to her "mmm," before falling back asleep.

___________

The kiss. I dream about that kiss. The one with the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on. The one who I will never see again. I haven't been able to get her out of my head since that day. And I don't think I ever will be able to. Too bad I won't see her ever again.

I wake up noticing that the girl fell asleep with her head rested on my shoulder. It makes me giggle, but then I cover my mouth with my hand not wanting to wake her.

I pull out my phone to check the time. 9:48 am. I didn't sleep too long. Nice. I then have the sudden urge to take a selfie with this random person lying on me. You know what, why not?

*click* Shit. My phones volume was on high. I slowly move my phone down hoping she doesn't wake up, or notice I took a picture.

"Umm, did you just take a picture of me?" Aww crap, I woke her up.

"Ha, yeah, you probably think I'm a total weir--" oh. My. God. "It's you!"

I can't believe it. It's her. The girl I kissed. The most beautiful girl ever. The one I can't get out of my head. And then I have the sudden urge to kiss her. So I do. I lean in and grab her face gently. My thumb gently running across her cheek. I look into her eyes with uncertainty, but as soon as she takes her hands and puts them on my chest balling my sweatshirt into a fist, I know I had to do it. As soon as our lips touch, it's like my whole body lights up. It's not a long kiss but it's all I need.

"I'm sorry," I say to her. Realizing she probably thinks I'm such a weirdo.

"Don't apologize honestly. That was amazing." Okay, so I think she's thinking the same thing as me. "I'm Jace by the way."

"Ashton. It's nice to meet you Jace."

"It's nice to meet you too." I take a moment just to take her all in. Her long wavy golden hair. Tanned skin. Beautiful big brown eyes. Cute little button nose. Kissable lips. The whitest teeth I have ever seen. "You know, it's not polite to stare."

Oh god, she caught me. "Uh, i was just uh, god did you know you're absolutely gorgeous?"

"Thanks," she says as she looks down and messes with her fingernails. I can already tell she's the type of girl who doesn't really believe she is and I will take every opportunity to tell her she is.

I grab one of her hands in mine, intertwining our fingers. She looks up at me with those spectacular eyes. "I'm serious love."

We spend the next few hours getting to know each other. Our hands still connected. And I can already feel myself falling for her.