Chap. 6

I positioned myself at the entrance of the library, waiting for Amy's arrival. I had this really romantic gesture planned out for her and I wanted it to be perfect. Hopefully she still thought I was upset about earlier this morning because it would make this a whole lot more romantic and awesome.

        Once I caught a glimpse of her approaching, I got ready to grab ahold of her hand and drag her away. The grin that I had plastered upon my face was wide. As she got closer and closer to me, my smile got bigger and bigger. Upon reaching me, she began to open her mouth to speak, but I took hold of her hand and pulled her along as I ran.

        "Karma, what are you doing? Class basically started and I told the teacher I was going to check up on you because you were in the Nurse's office."

        I didn't answer her, instead, I kept running. When I came to a stop, we were at the court yard. In the middle of it, there was a bench, and on that bench, there was a box with a sign that read “Open Me Amy.”

        “Karma?” She looked at me, confused as to what was happening.

        “Well, don't just stand here, the box is telling you to open it. What are you waiting for?”

        I gave her a little push to get her started. She went over to the bench and opened the box, way to slow might I add. But, I didn't care because the look on her face when she saw what had been waiting inside made it all worth while.

        “Karma,” she gasped.

        She loved it... Them I mean.

        Carrying a small box with her, she came back to me. She wasn't one to tear up but at this moment she was.

        “Happy one month anniversary,” I said with a smile, as she pulled out two necklaces.

        They each had half a heart. One was for her and the other was for me. I knew that a month wasn't long, but I already knew that she had my heart. So, why not get us these, right?

        She held out the hand that contained the necklaces, motioning for me to put one of them on her. I took both, leaving her stunned.

        “What? I can't just give you any of these two. Yours has my name on it,” I winked at her.

        She blushed, pulling her hair up so that I could easily place it upon her neck. In return, she put the other on me. With that, she pulled me in my the waist, her lips so, and I mean dangerously, close to mine.

        “I love it,” she whispered.

        “I wasn't sure if it was the right gift.”

        “Karma, it is the perfect gift, although, you had me worried for a second. You know, with the phone call and all. Thought you were still mad at me for what happened earlier.”

        I draped my hands around her neck as I spoke, “I couldn't be mad at you.”

        Her smile turned into a frown. I had no idea as to why and that worried me.

        “I think you will be once I tell you that... I forgot today was our special day.”

        I let out a laugh.

        “What's so funny?”

        “I don't care if you forgot. That's why I am here, to remember, for the both of us.”