Chapter 11

Sophie's POV

It was 5:45 and I needed to get ready for the rest of the day with Dan. I decided to wear one of the shirts Phil got me. Since I wanted to wear the one with him and Dan on it tomorrow, I decided to wear the lion one. I kept my skinny jeans on and decided to take a simple black zip up hoodie from Aeropostale. 

I heard a knock at my door when I was almost ready, so I answered it anyways. Sure enough, it was Dan. He was wearing his eclipse shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, and a pair of black converse. Also he was wearing a grey hoodie over it all to even it out.

"Hey Sophie! Happy birthday, again!" Dan said in a happy tone as he hugged me. He had a bag in his hands too, but not as big as the one Phil had. I hugged Dan back and let him in.

"Okay, should we sit on the couch for a little bit?" I asked as I lead him towards the couches.

"Oh my god, yes, it was a workout walking over here," Dan said as he plopped on the couch. I laughed and sat next to him.

"So, should I open this now...or?" I asked while pointing to the bag.

"Yes, open it now!" Dan said in an excited voice. I quickly grabbed the bag and checked if there was a card, which in this case there was, so I grabbed it out and opened it up.

It had Grumpy Cat on it and said Happy Birthday! on the outside, then on the inside it said Now you're a year closer to dying.

I looked a little bit down to see what Dan wrote. 

Happy birthday, Sophie! Hope today is like...cool? Can I say that? Okay, whatever. 

Much love, Dan

I opened the bag he got me and there were 3 things in it. A llama hat from their merch shop, a galaxy jumper, and all three High School Musical movies. 

"OMG HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL? DAAAN!" I said as I hugged him.

"Please please PLEASE tell me you like High School Musical," Dan said with a worried tone.

"DAN I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, ALL OF MY FRIENDS HATE IT!" I said as Dan laughed.

"Haha, okay good," Dan said as he hugged me tightly.

"Okay, well where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, right! We're going to the mall. I don't know why, I just feel like we should, we can go to an arcade after if we get bored, I'll pay for everything," Dan said as he and I got up off of the couch. 

"Sounds great!" I said as I got my shoes on.

When I got my shoes on, Dan and I walked out of my house. We had fun joking around down the street, telling your mum jokes, and just being weird. The best thing was we weren't awkward around each other. We both learned that we both have many awkward moments around other people, and are both socially awkward. But right now we were just ourselves.

When we got tired of walking, which literally only took two blocks for us lazy shits, we just took a taxi to the mall. When we arrived at the mall, we went straight to Hot Topic. We literally didn't buy anything, we just looked at every single thing and laughed at a lot of things. 

I decided to drag him into Forever 21. I was guessing he'd hate being in there. I was a little bit wrong, well for like the first 5 minutes. Then he gave in.

"Okay, okay, I'm going to look like your fucking boyfriend if I'm picking clothes with you in here," Dan said as he dragged me out of Forever 21.

I began dying of laughter. "Oh my god Dan, you're killing me!" 

"Haha, you have Phil, take him in here!" Dan said while laughing.

"Alright, alright, let's go to the arcade," I said as we walked outside. I instantly felt the cold cover me completely. I automatically flipped out and tried to keep myself warm. Dan noticed and hugged me to keep me warm. 

"I'm not doing this as a flirty move, just know that," Dan said as he hugged me. I honestly didn't care, I was cold as fuck. I wrapped my arms on Dan's arms and tried to get warmer. To my surprise, it actually helped, and I got warmer.

"Hey, I'm actually warmer now!" I said as I skipped along the sidewalk.

"Hehe, you're welcome," Dan said as he bowed.

"THANK YOU DAN!" I shouted as I skipped around him. 

"Okay, okay, let's head on to the arcade now," Dan said as he stopped me and dragged me.

"Okaaaaaaay," I said as I allowed him to drag me.

*two hours later, 8:30 PM*

"NO, NO, NO! I SO BEAT YOU AT THAT CONNECT FOUR GAME!" Dan said as he practically spammed the huge round button.

"Oh Dan, I guess we know who the real champion is, hehe," I said as I took my tickets out of the ticket dispencer.

"This isn't over, Sophie!" Dan said as he took his one ticket of shame.

We walked over to the prize room with our shitload of tickets. We decided to combine them to get a huge Pikachu we saw and we decided to give it to Phil for his birthday that's in a couple months. I think it's gonna be worth it, seeing the smile on Phil's face, him being happy, everything being just completely perfect. God I love him so much...

"Okay, where should we hide this?" Dan asked as we walked out of the arcade to go home.

"Hmm, I can hide it in this computer room my parents don't use that much anymore, and no one goes in," I said. Dan thought it was a good idea..

"Okay, perfect! I'm just going to stop by for a minute, then I'll have to go. School tomorrow, ya'know," Dan said as we made our way to my house.

"Alright, that's cool!" I said with a smile.

We took about 5 minutes until we arrived at my house. I unlocked it and we walked in. I took the Pikachu from Dan and put it in the closet of our computer room. Then I came back out and Dan was ready to head out.

"Byeee Dan!" I said as I gave him a hug before he went.

"Bye Sophieee!" Dan said as he hugged me quickly and went out.

I grabbed my phone and texted Phil.

Hey, Phil! Dan is gone, so you can go ahead and come by now! ^-^

-Sophie

Phil took roughly a minute to respond.

Okay, love! I'll be by in about 7 minutes.

-AmazingPhil Lester

Love.

He called me love.

Even though it was simple, I was just really happy because it was simple but adorable.