Chapter 2

Sophie's POV

"Okay, so that does the tour of the school!" I said as I lead Shane to the front office.

"Wow, this school is pretty small," Shane said as he took a seat.

"Yeah, that's what every new person says," I said as I took a seat next to him. "I'm gonna see if I can get your schedule," I said as I set my backpack down next to him and walked up to the front desk.

"Hello, Ms. Collins!" Mrs. Allen said brightly.

"Hey Mrs. Allen, I was wondering if I could get my friend's schedule?" I said as I handed her the information chart he had to turn in.

"Yeah, sure!" Mrs. Allen said happily. "What is his name?" she asked while pulling the computer towards her.

"His name is Shane Dawson," I said smiling.

"Okay, give me a moment while I get his schedule printed out, you want his locker number and combination, too?" she asked nicely.

"Yeah, that'd help out a lot!" I said as I gestured Shane to come towards me.

"Okay," Mrs. Allen said as she gave me Shane's schedule and locker combination, "you guys can wander around, and if any other teacher say you guys can't, say I said so, got it?" 

"Yeah, thanks!" I said as I walked out of the office with Shane.

"Wow, what a nice secretary," Shane said as he handed me my backpack.

"Yeah, she and I get along pretty well," I said as I looked at Shane's schedule.

"Um, I kind of need that," Shane said laughing lightly.

"Haha, just give me a second, I'm not looking at your combination or anything," I said as I gave Shane his locker combination, but not his schedule.

"Okay I still need one more thing," Shane said laughing louder now.

"Well, from the looks of it we have first hour, second hour, fourth hour, and sixth hour together! And the same lunch, obviously," I said as I finally gave Shane his schedule.

"THANK YOU!" Shane said loudly as if I finally gave him his life back.

I just stood there quietly, looking into Shane's eyes. Shane did the same. It was only about 10 seconds before that was broken by my laughing, then his too.

"Okay, okay, what locker number do you have?" I said between laughs.

"Oh, haha, right," Shane said finally sighing as he stopped laughing," I have locker 46, you?"

"Wow, I have locker 37! We're pretty close to each other," I said as I leaded Shane up to our lockers.  We were in the same row of lockers, thankfully.

Just then, I heard someone humming some familiar tune from the stairway...

It kind of sounded like it was from Beauty and the Beast...no wait, it also had a song from The Little Mermaid. And Pocahontas...AND Aladdin!

The sound got closer, and before I knew it, I was looking at a fairly tall guy with blonde hair combed but kind of quiffed to the right, he had blue eyes, he was skinny, kind of in the middle of pale and tan, and he was pretty cute, not to lie.

As he continued to sing, he got closer to me. Then he noticed he was around a couple of people.

"Hello!" he said as he went to locker number 38, the one right next to mine. 

"Hey, you new here I'm guessing?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, someone told me to go up here because my locker would be here," he said as he opened his locker effortlessly.

I was trying to open my locker, but I miserably failed.

"You need help?" he asked.

"Yes, definitely," I said as I picked up my backpack, causing my flute and ukulele to fall out.

"Oh, you play?!" he asked picking up my ukulele and taking it out of its case.

"Haha, yeah. I also play guitar and piano," I said confidently.

"Oh my god, I play ukulele and piano!" he said as he strummed a couple of chords on the ukulele.

"Wow, we're almost twins!" I said as I admired his ukulele playing.

"Haha, oh yeah, I forgot something," he said as he set my ukulele in his locker for a second, "my name is Jonathan Cozart, but I'd rather be called Jon, it seems cooler!"

"Cool, my name is Sophie Collins," I said as I watched Jon take my ukulele and strummed more tunes.

"Wow, you really are good at ukulele," Shane said peeping behind Jon.

"Oh, hey, didn't see ya there!" Jon said as he turned around to Shane.

"Oh, right, Shane, this is Jon, Jon, this is Shane. Both of you are new here, and I think you'd make good friends!" I introduced the two.

"We should all get a table together at lunch!" Shane said happily.

"Oh my god, YES!" I said, "none of my friends really go to this school anymore, so that really works out."

"Awww, sorry to hear!" Jon said full of sorry.

"Oh no, it's fine, they wanted to go to other places around the US," I said trying to look on the bright side.

"Why would they leave Cali though? It's awesome here!" Shane said pumping his hands in the air.

"I KNOW RIGHT?" I said kind of loudly. Thankfully it was only the three of us.

"Oh, right, wasn't I supposed to help you open your locker?" Jon asked, laughing slightly.

"Oh yeah, haha," I said while getting out of the way so Jon can open my locker.

"There, opened!" he said acting as if he was a magician.

"Haha, thanks!" I said while grabbing my locker combination out of his hands and putting it back in my locker. "If I ever need your help opening it, you'll be here, right?" I asked hopeful.

"Of course!" he said.

After we got our lockers all settled, we headed down the hallway.

"Oh, can I see your schedule?" I asked Jon.

"Sure," he said while handing me his schedule.

"Hmm," I said while analyzing the schedule.

"What?" he asked worried.

"Oh, nothing, we have second hour and sixth hour together, but third hour is our elective class that switches every marking period, so we may have a chance at another class together," I explained.

"Okay, yay!" Jon said child-like.

Right when we entered the other hallway, a group of people were heading towards their lockers with their backpacks and everything. We decided it would be a good idea to get out of the hallways and go to our first class.

Since Jon didn't know where every class was, I lead him to his first hour class.

"Okay, here's room 207, good luck with English!" I said while waving.

"See you next hour, Soph!" Jon said as he waved.

Shane and I walked to our first hour class, which was room 116.

"Okay, here goes nothing," I said as we entered the class and took our seat.