Chapter 3

Sophie's POV

*after first hour*

"I love that teacher! She's so nice!" Shane said happily.

"Yeah, I had her last year, she's honestly the best ever," I said as I walked up to my locker and left Shane to his.

I opened my locker and put everything I was holding inside. Then I grabbed my supplies I was pretty sure I needed for my next hour, and I headed off to my second hour.

*after second and third hour*

I walked up to my locker only to see Shane was walking up to his, and everyone else was heading to lunch already.

"Hey, how was third hour?" I asked Shane.

"Oh, it was pretty good, kind of boring, but good," Shane said digging through his backpack.

"Same," I said as I closed my locker and started to head off to lunch.

"WAIT FOR ME!" I heard Jon yell from behind.

I turned around only to see Shane mouthing, "Let me take care of it, go along," to me. So I did as he told me to, and I just went to lunch.

The cafeteria isn't really that far from my locker, so I was in big luck. 

I entered the cafeteria and went into the first line which I could get a sub from. But right as I was about to actually get my sub, I saw two tall guys that looked lost. I decided I should walk up to them.

"Um, hey," I said as I walked up to the two guys.

One of the guys was tall, had brown hair that fringed, had brown eyes from what I can see, was the slightest bit tan, and had black skinny jeans. a pair of black Nikes, and a white shirt that had a bunch of kittens on it. Also, did I mention he was like a combination between adorable and hot?

The other guy was also tall, but slightly shorter than his friend, he also had fringed hair, except it was black, he had these blueish, greenish, yellowish eyes that you could easily get lost in, he was really pale, and he was wearing a Gengar shirt, a pair of black Converse, and also black skinny jeans. He looked pretty cute, if you ask me.

"Hey, we're kind of lost" one with brown hair said in a British accent.

"Okay, are you actually British? Some people use British accents and they really aren't," I asked just to clarify.

"Yes, actually, we're from the UK!" one with black hair said excitedly.

"Oh, that's awesome!" I said happily. "So, um, what do you guys want? I mean there's tons of food to go around," I asked.

"Well, to be honest, I don't know," the guy with brown hair said.

"Okay, well first how about I get to know your names?" I suggested. "I'll start off: I'm Sophie Collins."

"Oh, right, I'm Daniel Howell, but seriously, call me Dan," the brown haired guy said.

"And I am Philip Lester, and call me Phil...please," the black haired one said kind of innocently.

"Okay, Dan and Phil, what would you like? There's mozzarella sticks in one line!" I said happily.

"Oh, god no, I hate cheese...please don't hate me for saying that," Phil said covering his face.

"Haha, don't worry, I don't like cheese that much either, most of my friends that moved away always got them when they served them," I said trying to fight back tears a little.

Phil saw that I was still trying to recover, and I could tell he felt sorry for me.

As I just stood there crying silently, I felt these arms wrap around me nice and securely. I looked up to notice it was Phil, comforting me. 

"Shh, don't be so sad, you'll make me cry!" Phil said trying to cheer me up. 

I sniffled a little, but then gave in and stopped. I hugged Phil after and he smiled.

"Okay, so anyways, food?" I asked.

"Right, what is there?" Dan asked.

"Well, there's subs, you guys like those?" I asked curiously.

Dan and Phil shook their heads yes, so we both entered the line and each got a sub of our own.

We all sat at a table in the far right corner of the cafeteria. The table we chose had a window next to it, and it also was the cleanest area throught the whole lunch room. Plus, the populars were surrounding it, so there weren't gross people.

I sat between Dan and Phil, and as we talked, Jon and Shane came up from the crowd. 

"There you are!" Shane said as he sat across the table from us, Jon following up sitting next to him.

"Haha, sorry I had to help Dan and Phil, they're from the UK," I said kind of bragging for them.

"Oh wow, say something!" Jon said excitedly.

Dan sighed, then said, "Literally?"

I just laughed, and so did Phil. 

"What's up with people liking others only for their British accent? They're just...accents," Dan slightly complained.

"Well, I guess your motto can be 'Come for the accent, stay for the existential crisis', don't you agree?" Phil said while laughing slightly.

"Yeah, I guess," Dan said while taking a bite out of his sub.

I looked at Phil and whispered, "Um, please explain to me what an existential crisis is."

"Dan has a lot of 'existential crisises', and that's pretty much saying he questions the meaning of life. He doesn't have them like, A LOT, a lot, but just like...a lot," Phil explained.

"So, every so often, but a little more often?" I asked trying to clarify.

"Yeah, pretty much," Phil said as we laughed.

"Hey, Sophie," Dan started, "maybe you should come to mine and Phil's flat after school!"

"You guys have your own place?!" I asked shocked.

"Well, our parents are paying for it right now, but yeah, it's all ours!" Dan said happily.

"You guys are lucky," I said kind of pouting.

Phil just poked my dimpleless cheek. I just looked at him and giggled slightly, but still pouting.

"Okay, well you can just meet us at the front of the school, we'll be there," Dan said.

"Okay," I said. "OH YEAH, what classes do you have next? I wanna know if you have any with me," I said as I eyed Dan and Phil.

"Oh, well Phil and I only have 3 classes together, sadly, second, fourth, and sixth hour," Dan said in a sad tone.

"Do you have your schedules?" I asked both of them.

"Yeah," Phil said while handing his schedule to me.

I looked at his schedule and had a face covered in shock. "Um, Phil, we actually have all classes together."

"WHAT?" Phil shouted.

"How could I not have noticed you or Dan?" I asked kind of to myself but still at Phil.

"Well, we stay quiet a lot, and we were at the back of the class," Dan explained.

"Makes sense," I said smiling.

I then snatched Dan's schedule out of his hands as he grabbed it out, and checked to see the classes he had with me.

"Okay, Dan, we only have second, fourth, and sixth hour together," I said kind of sadly.

"Awwww," Dan whined.

I finished my lunch, so I just got up and threw it out, following was Shane.

"Hey, Dan and Phil seem pretty cool!" Shane said.

"Yeah, they are," I said in a happy tone.

And right now was when we go to our fourth hour. Fun fun fun fun.