Promise?

Promise me- Jack & Jack

11:00 P.M.
[Los Angeles, California]
[Krissy]

"What?" She says worriedly. "I did this?" She asks with guilt laced in her voice. Tears develop at her lash line, fighting her to come out.

"No. Don't for one second pin this on yourself." I demand.

"Which song is it?" She asks.

"Listen before I go." I sigh.

"Oh, baby, I'm so sorry I brought that back." She states, a tear slowly crawling down her cheek.

Baby? My heart flutters in my chest at the nickname, though, she calls everyone that.

I reach up and rest my hand on her cheek, wiping the tear off gently. I find myself staring at her plump, soft lips.

But she's straight.

She grabs and holds onto my hand that's on her cheek. I snap my eyes away from her lips, and up to her ocean eyes. Another tear has fallen down her pale cheek. I quickly wipe it away.

"Billie don't cry because of me. Please. You didn't do anything. Promise me that you won't blame yourself for this?" I ask, trying not to cry. She nods gently. I take my hand off her cheek and rest it in my lap.

"As long as you promise me that you won't do this to yourself anymore." She states grabbing my hand and flipping it up to show the cuts.

I gulp and look into her eyes. Her beautiful icy blue eyes. I think for a second and maybe, just maybe, I might be able to keep that promise. I nod and smile at her. A smile creeps its way onto her face as well and she hold her pinky out. I laugh lightly at her dorkiness and hook my pinky with hers.

"I promise." We both state at the same time, laughing.

I stand up and grab her hand, pulling her up too.

"I guess I should get going, now that you're okay. Call me if you need anything." She states, grabbing her phone and walking out of my bedroom.

I quickly lunge forward and grab her hand while shouting, "Wait!" She turns around and looks at me with worry in her eyes. "C-Can you stay?"

She looks in my eyes as if she were looking for any doubt. After a few moments, she nods, softly smiling. I smile back at her, grabbing a tank top and sweatpants for her. I grab a large hoodie and shorts for myself.

She changes in the bathroom while I change in my room. She walks back in the room as I snap the band of my shorts onto my waist.

We lie down and I turn off my lamp. I lay back and relax my body, releasing a sigh. I turn on my side and get comfortable when I feel two arms snake around my waist and Billie's head resting in the crook of my neck.

I smile and grab her hand, intertwining her fingers with mine. I gently rub small circles on her knuckles, feeling my eyes flutter close. Soon, I hear light snores from behind me. I follow suit a minute later, letting the sleep take me over.