Beep

Goodbye- Billie Eilish

10:00 A.M.
[Los Angeles, California]
[Billie]

It's been two weeks. I haven't moved from her bedside her unless it was to shower or to eat or to go to the bathroom. Her cuts and bruises are just barely noticeable anymore. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. If only there weren't tubes and wires going in and out of her every which way.

"Billie, you look exhausted." My mom tells me. "I think you should go home and rest." I immediately shake my head.

"I'm not sleeping, and if I am, it's on this couch, right next to her. There's no way I'm leaving here." I tell her.

"Billie—"

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. Mom gets up and walks to it and opens the door to reveal Mark and Kaleigh Evans. Her parents. I've only met them once, because they're never fucking around. My face becomes red with anger as I stand up quickly.

"Why the fuck are you here?" I yell.

"To see our daughter?" Kaleigh states the obvious.

"Oh, you mean the one that you haven't seen in a year?" I ask them sarcastically. They came home from that business trip six months later and not even a months later left for six more months. When she moved in with me, she didn't tell them, and they didn't even call her to make sure she was okay. They didn't try to find her. They didn't care about her then, so why now? "The one you didn't even look for when she moved in with me?"

"Who are you anyway?" Mark asks.

"Her fucking girlfriend. The person that was there for her when you weren't for two years now." I snap.
They look taken aback. They have disgust, confusion, and shock all over their faces, which just make me even more mad. "I was about to propose to her." I say. "And if you don't like that, you can leave." Their faces show nothing but disgust at this point.

What do you know! They turn around and leave. What great parents, am I right?

5:20 P.M.

Mom left, and Finneas came about an hour ago. I think they are taking turns with me or something, to make sure I'm not alone or do anything stupid.

"I'm going to go get some coffee. Do you want any?" He asks, standing up.

"No. This hospitals coffee sucks." I say. I barely have the energy to talk. I'm so tired but I have to stay awake incase my baby wakes up.

After Finneas leaves, I sit on the couch and just watch her sleep. Watching her is so peaceful. I lay my head back on the couch and close my eyes. Maybe a little nap won't hurt. I feel myself start to drift off to sleep to the consistent, mellow beeping of the heart monitor.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Suddenly, something changed in the sound and it becomes just one long, annoying noise. Wait.

No no no.

I snap my eyes open and look at the heart monitor. The mountain shaped bumps on the screen have turned into a straight line.

"Help!" I start screaming like a maniac. "Somebody fucking help her!"

Multiple nurses and doctors rush in and start doing the shock thing to her chest. I stare in utter shock at her lifeless body until a nurse pushes me out of the room. That's when it hits me like a fucking train. Her heart just stopped. I start sobbing while looking through the window of the room, watching the doctors and nurses trying to revive my love. I look to the side to see Finneas walking with his coffee. When he notices me, he literally drops his coffee and runs towards me. He tries to comfort me and get me to look away, but all I can do is watch. After a couple minutes of trying to save her, I watch the doctor slowly step back and shake his head, retracting his hands from her.

She's dead.

My girlfriend is dead.

I start screaming through my sobs and fall to the floor as Finneas tries to hold me and tell me that everything will be okay. I don't care that I'm getting weird looks. I don't care that people might recognize me and take pictures of me and post them on Instagram. All I want right now is Krissy.

And she's gone.

The End

{A/N}
I'm a fucking emotional mess right now. This book got way darker than originally planned.

Anyways, thank you so much for reading this far.

I love you guys. I hope I didn't make you too emotional. Bye!