Phase 2: The Ransom

Sweet but psycho -Ava Max

4:30 A.M.
[Los Angeles, California]
[Billie]

I tried to call Krissy back but she wouldn't answer. I'm getting so worried. I couldn't sleep knowing that Krissy could be in danger. I went out on a whim and decided to head to Ventura Pier. That's where she was when we were on the phone. I sped the whole way there.

When I get there, I park my car near the pier. I open my door and swiftly get out, the cool air hitting my face. I take a deep breath, walking towards the pier to find any clues at all. I slowly walk down the wooden pier, scanning the ground for anything to help me. As I get to the end of the pier, I see a damp rag. At first I don't think anything of it, but what if...

I pick it up and sniff it quickly. It smells slightly sweet. I quickly look up what chemical smells like this. Who knows, it might not even be a chemical. As it loads I fidget with my fingers. It loads and I scan over the words.

Chloroform is a sweet smelling, clear chemical that is commonly known for making people pass out.

Someone fucking kidnapped Krissy.

Someone kidnapped my kitty.

I start shaking, tears cascading down my cheek. I fumble with my phone, dialing Finneas's number.

"Billie?" He answers, sounding tired. I know I woke him up, but my baby is gone.

"Someone kidnapped her. There's a rag with chloroform on it at the pier where she was. She's gone Finneas!" I shout the last sentence, trying my hardest to calm down.

"Billie, you drove all the way to Ventura at 5 A.M? Without telling anybody?" He asks, shocked.

"Don't worry about that right now Finn!" I shout. "MY BABY IS GONE FINNEAS!" I shout louder, falling to my knees, choking out a sob.

"Okay, okay, umm. I need you to calm down and drive home. We'll figure this out when you get home, Okay?" He says.

I sniff and nod, though he can't see it. I wipe away my tears and take a deep breath. "Okay. I'm on my way now." I sniffle.

I stand up and stalk towards my car, rag in hand. I slide in and set the rag down. I wipe my eyes and turn on the engine, driving home.

6:38 A.M.
I shove the key in the key whole and swing the door open. Immediately, Finneas rushes to me, hugging me tightly. We pull back and I see tear stains and red eyes on Finn.

"We're going to find her. I promise." He states as Pepper comes up, jumping on us both.

I just nod, pulling out my phone to call the police.

10:00 A.M.
The police asked me questions before leaving. They also took the rag for evidence. I was now sitting in my room, trying not to break. Soon, there's a knock on my door. It opens, revealing Q.

"Hey baby." He greets, walking over. One glance at me and he rolls his eyes, my jaw dropping at his next words. "Seriously? You're still crying over that bitch? When's the last time you slept?" He asks, placing his hand on my thigh.

"First off, that 'bitch' is my friend, who got kidnapped or murdered. Second off, that doesn't matter. All that matters is her and that she's okay." I state, pushing his hand away.

"You haven't even known her that long." He says.

"You need to leave." I demand.

"What'd I do?" He asks, bewildered.

Is he seriously thinking that he did nothing wrong?

"Just leave."

He rolls his eyes and gets up, leaving the room. I then hear the front door open and slam shut.

1:29 P.M.
I wake up from my nap, reaching for my phone. I have texts from friends, asking me to come over or to ask me for a favor. I also have a few from 7, trying to make up with me. The last one caught my eye, though.

Kitty🐱: aww poor baby. If you want her back, give me 30 grand. If not, guess I'll just keep her to myself.

Attached was a photo of Krissy with her feet taped to a chair, arms tied with thick rope, and bloody face with an inch long cut along her right cheek and multiple bruises. I gag at the sight.

"FINN!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

He comes running as a tear slips out of my eye and down my pale cheek. I hold the phone out and he takes it, reading the message. His eyes widen and he stumbles for his phone, calling the police.