Emergency Contact

Cancer- My Chemical Romance (or the Twenty One Pilots version if you prefer)

8:15 P.M.
[Los Angeles, California]
[Billie]

Krissy is fifteen minutes late. She's never late. I mean ever. I've called her many times, but she won't pick up. Did I do something wrong? I twirl the ring I bought for her in my hand as I wait for a reply to my texts, or a call back. Suddenly, my phone starts ringing. It's an unknown number, but I pick it up anyways.

"Hello?" I speak into the phone.

"Hi, is this Billie O'Connell?" A mans voice fills my ears.

"Yes." I reply.

"You are Krissy Evans' emergency contact, and I'm sorry to inform you, but Krissy was in a severe car accident and seems to be in a coma." The man says. My jaw drops and my eyes widen as tears start to spill out of them.

"Oh my god." I whisper. "Uh- Okay, thank you, sir." I hang up and dial Finneas' number. He answers on the second ring. "Finneas, Krissy was in a car accident. Meet me at the hospital." I say, and before he can get a word out, I hang up and rush out of the building and to my car. I drive faster than the speed limit and wonder how I didn't get a ticket. I finally make it to the hospital after what felt like hours, but was really minutes. I jump out of the car and sprint as fast as I can to the doors, nearly too fast for the automatic doors to realize I was there. I legit almost ran into the fucking door because I'm so frantic and scared right now.

Gasping for air, I run into the hospital and take a glance around, seeing Dr. Bailey behind the counter, talking to the secretary lady. Dr. Bailey sees me and immediately knows who I'm here for. "Billie, I know this is scary, but you look hysterical. You need to calm down for everyone's sake. Follow me." She says. I nod and follow her.

"Oh my god, I can't lose her." I whisper.

"We'll try our best to keep her alive." Dr. Bailey states.

"I was about to fucking propose to her." I say. "Oh god, this is my fault. If I hadn't made plans for us tonight, she wouldn't have been hit. Oh my god it's all my fault." I claim, tears falling down my face.

"No, it is not. Do not say that." Miranda scolds. We enter her room and the sight of her just makes me sick. There are so many tubes connected to her and it breaks my heart. So many cuts and bruises scatter her face and body. I sit down and hold her hand as I pray to any and every god I can think of while bawling my eyes out.

Around fifteen minutes later, I hear the door open, so I look over to find Finneas. I get up and hug him tightly, breaking down even more than I was already.