Chapter 4

This lovely 3 bedroom home, with hardwood floors and excellent floor plan. Living spaces opens onto a large Deck with walk way to the pond in are new backyard. Screened in part of the porch to enjoy those nice fall breezes. Along with a tall framed young man.

"Adrian?" I asked? He turned around, “Rose, I see your back from the hospital. Dimitri how are you?” Adrian asked. “I’m fine; how was your flight?” Dimitri replied. I felt my mouth fall open Dimitri never like Adrian he made that very clear when we were at the ski lodge. “Dimitri care to tell me what the hell is going on?” I asked him kind of irritated that he didn’t tell me.

“He clearly thought he would surprise you along with me considering he told me that he told you.” Adrian replied for him. All I did was glare at Dimitri, I mean I love him and all but really. He couldn’t just tell me, he knows I hate surprises. “Sorry Roza, but I know you were missing him since we moved to court.

So I invited him to stay with us for a couple weeks, plus to help me keep an eye on you.” Dimitri replied. Wow he really wants to keep me happy all the time. Finally I got over my shock and went to hug Adrian but when I started towards him he flinched like he was afraid of me. “Still scared of me Adrian?” I asked. “Maybe a little, but I need to talk to you and soon preferably in private.” He said look at Dimitri at the end.

“Of course, why don’t you join me on a walk down to the pond I’d love to see if I can see fish.” I said. “Dimitri we’ll be right back.” I added. He nodded and me and Adrian left. “You know he still doesn’t trust me with you.” He stated. “Of course I know, anyway enough about him and I what did you want to talk about?” I asked turning slightly serious.

But he turned completely serious. “Rose I’m dating someone and she’s human well she’s alchemist her name is Sydney, she is in major trouble because they found out she was with me. I need your guys help to get her out, well merely more of your dads help then yours since you’re out of the fight for a while. “I’ll talk to my dad, but let’s not tell Dimitri he doesn’t like breaking the rules much either.” I said.

“Okay but will have to tell him once she’s here you know until I can find a place and keep her hidden.” He said. I nodded and started to walk back up to the house with Adrian trailing me.

“I’ll give him a call when Dimitri falls asleep.” I said before we went into Dimitri’s earshot. He nodded and opened the door for me to enter my new house. “Dimitri will you please call Lissa and Christian, tell them to come over to have super and we have a surprise for them.” I said.  He came into the room Adrian and I were in.

“After that what do you want to cook for super?” he asked. Hmmmm what do I want for super? “I want fried chicken and pickles, with peanut butter cookies. Along with fried oysters.” I said. Adrian gave me a funny look but Dimitri nodded knowing that I’d love it and everyone else would have to deal with because I’m pregnant I get what I want when I ask for it.

Then again Lissa’s pregnant, what do you think the oysters are for. “Oysters? Really?” Adrian asked. I nodded and said “Not for me. For a pregnant spirit user.” I said winking. Adrian cracked a smile.

“She is pregnant too.” He said. It wasn’t a question at all just a plan old statement. I nudged him in the side. “I think Christian put an Xbox in here but didn’t set it up. You can do that if you want and while Dimitri is cooking this is the perfect time for me to call Abe.” I said walking out to the back door. I pulled out my phone and called Abe. “Abe speaking” he said.

“Dad you should really check whose calling I’d like a better greeting.” I said. “Rose how are you?” he asked “I’m fine but I need a favor.” I said. “Of course what is it? It isn’t a problem with your guardians is it?” he asked. I completely forgot they were there.

“No but it has to do with a female alchemist. She’s in major trouble because she got caught with Adrian. Her name is Sydney Sage, I need you to break her out and bring her to our house. Adrian is staying with us until he can find a house around town that he can hide her in.

Oh and don’t tell Dimitri about this, oh I love you for this, tell mom I said hi.” I said. I hear him laughing on the other side of the line. “Okay she’ll be here around 4 days. Have a nice night Rose enjoy it.”

He said before hanging up not even giving me a chance to reply to him. With that I put my phone in my pocket just in time too Dimitri came in.

“I called Lissa she said she’d be here around 6, I started cooking we have 15 minutes until Lissa and Christian get here. Adrian is distracted by video games.” He said putting a double meaning into it.

“You have to cook I’m getting in the tub. See you in 15 my lovely, amazing, Russian God.” I said winking at him.

“You… oh you… that’s unfair Roza. Not funny to tease me like that.” He said.

“You guys know I have really good hearing. Just to let you know and that really disguising that you guys flirt. I think I like it like the old days at the Academy.” Adrian shouted from the other room. I laughed gave Dimitri I quick kiss and went to go take a quick bath to wash all this nasty hospital smell off of me. When I got done I got in some yoga pants, a sweatshirt and went outside to enjoy the peace before Lissa and Christian and Adrian got together.

I was walking down to the pond again when out of nowhere a hand went over my mouth muffling my scream. I tried to get out of his grasp when he spoke. “Rose it’s me, calm down. You know I’m kind of hurt that you didn’t realize it was me.” The man I immensely missed.

I do not own VA or its Characters. It all belongs to Richelle Mead. I do however own this plot line and the characters I make up.

Who found Rose and what is he up to? Who is he? What will Rose do when she finds out what he’s up to if he’s even up to something? Hope you all enjoyed Chapter 4. Any questions ask and I’ll try to answer them if I can.