Chapter 13

The flight was long and unbearable, knowing I could tell Dimitri and we could handle this together was an option I didn't even want to look at. Our child is too important for either of his deadly parents not to be with him.  “Rose? Are you ok?” Eddie asked nudging my shoulder. I looked over and gave him a faint smile. “As good as I can be knowing I’m leaving my family to kill an old best friend.” I said. He nodded and didn’t say another word. I didn’t either because I got sucked into Lissa’s head. “Where is she?” Dimitri growled. The man was cowering under him all blooded and battered. Oh my god. “Dimitri stop hurting him, Rose wouldn’t want this.” Lissa said. At the sound of my name he backed up. “I need her Lissa. Jr needs her, you need her, we all need her.” He said sagging down to the ground. “I don’t know where she went but I do know why I came here.” He said. “And why was that?” Dimitri asked defeated.  “I was sent to relay a message to her, from someone she once knew.” The guy said. Oh Rose where are you and what are you doing? Lissa was talking to me through the bond. Wow this is really weird I haven’t been in her head in a long time. “You need to leave Rose, or I’m going to kill you or just your son. So you know pain like I did. I bet your still wondering how I’m even alive. Well there was a spirit user held up in the house. She saved me. See you soon Rose.” The mystery guy relayed to them. “What did the guy look like?” Lissa asked. “Well he was tall, slender, and had red hair. Kind of crazy too.” He replied. I didn’t get the rest because Eddie was shaking me out of it. “What?” I snapped at him. “We have landed it’s time to go.” He said. We got off and said nothing else; some of my old contacts got us a car and a home base. “Now what Rose? Go off on an impossible that got us in the position in the first place?” he asked. “Yes but not impossible. Dimitri and Lissa found out Mason is alive.” I said. “How?” he asked shocked. “He sent someone to my house and find out if we left and if we didn’t he was going to kill Jr.” I said.

3 month later

“We haven’t found anything Rose; he may not be coming here.” Eddie said. “Yes he is, I know him he wants us” I replied. “No he doesn’t he wants you Rose not me, I’m leaving and restarting my life. I’m going back to Baia; I’ll tell everyone your fine.” He said packing his stuff. I wasn’t going to stop him because he was right. Mason always wanted me; and me only, I nodded to him and that was the last time I saw him.

2 years later

Mason still hasn’t shown himself, but I know he’s watching. Jr is 5 years old now he’s growing up fast and strong. Dimitri has been training him since I left and he has his dad personality and my looks. He is going to be a killing machine, his parents never could have ever been.  Dimitri also has had Abe and Janine looking for me. But they haven’t even been close to finding me. I shut everything down and started packing I got a lead from an old friend that Mason was spotted at the grounds of St. Vladimir’s. It was my first leaded I’ve had at months. I was on the first plane to Missoula, Alberta was going to pick me up and bring me to the school so I can start my search. “Rose how are you?” she asked when she saw me.  I smiled “I’m fine, just hoping to get this done so I can go back to my family.” Her smile flattered. “I’m so sorry this is happening to you.” She said. I nodded and didn’t say another word. When we arrived I didn’t expect to see who was going to be there. “You lied to me Alberta.” I said before jerking the emergency brake and stopping the car. The people in front of me excepting I’d try something when I saw them where at the car doors in a flash.

Who’s there? Find out next chapter. Hope you enjoyed this one. Yes I know I skipped a lot through the years. But I want to get to the exciting intense parts to come in later chapters. Hope y’all are having a great Thanksgiving holiday.