Chapter 26: An Average Student's Observations

I am a student of the prestigious academy in the Koraine Kingdom. Other than that, however, there were very little that was interesting about me. I was the only daughter of a baron, a family not too rich nor poor. My grades were not great, but they were not terrible either. My looks were not amazing, but they were not unpleasant.

I was not too young to be considered a child, but I was not old enough to be an undesirable woman for marriage. Everything about me was average. I was just a normal person, in other words.

Still, the events happening around me definitely wasn't. No, I was not talking about the controversial relations the Kingdom had with the new nation, Eden. I wasn't interested in politics, after all.

What I was thinking about was a recent transfer student in the academy I'm studying at. Actually, there were two, but I shall focus on the one that received the most attention.

Although I was not in the same class as her, but nearly all of the academy knew about her, much less the ones in her grade. Her name was Roselia Rhongo...well, it was Rhongo something. A bit too complicated for me to remember. Besides, if anyone in the academy mentioned 'Roselia' these days, it was likely the same Roselia we were discussing anyway.

Roselia was an absolute beauty, for a lack of a better expression. For only a mere child that was twelve years of age, her looks were enough to be praised as the most pretty girl in the kingdom. I was sure that everyone was exaggerating and being excited as usual, but when I saw her, I understood. I understood that the words used to describe her were not enough.

I could fawn over her appearances, but I would go on forever. Instead, I will talk about her as a person. That, perhaps, was the aspect of her that sent the entire academy into a feverish haze.

There was a certain indescribable aura to her, one that would often cause everyone to break down into a fit of anxiety. It was not one that radiated fear or authority. Well, there was authority to her, but that was a different case. As I was saying, it was an atmosphere of...refinement, for a lack of better word. Elegance. Grandeur. Allure.

Those indifferent and uncaring eyes did not give off the feeling of coldness, but one that of a perfect goddess. It was heretical of a believer like me to describe a mortal as a divine being, but now, I was willing to renounce my faith after witnessing such an existence.

If the world recognized her as a mortal creature, then the world was wrong. Without a doubt, hesitation, or question, the world was wrong.

It was to the point where it was difficult to maintain any sort of conversation with her. Simply listening to that soothing voice similar to that of a siren was enough to make one briefly forget oneself. It was not something you would notice instantly, either.

I heard from a friend that was in Roselia's class, that when she first walked into the classroom, everyone had assumed her to be just another daughter of a rich noble. She had decent looks, but that was just it, was what everyone then thought. However, as the day slowly marched on, an atmosphere that could not be ignored dominated the room.

It was an oppressive atmosphere, one that made everyone wish to not embarrass themselves. An ambiance of holiness, perhaps. Such a thing kept on growing and growing, slowly filling the air to the point that it was difficult to concentrate on class. As if a divine force was interfering, many of the students would find themselves staring at the girl of supernatural origins, be it girls or boys.

She, however, remain undisturbed. As if she was ignoring the countless holes burned in her body by the gazes, she merely concentrated on what the teacher was talking about, her eyes failing to even notice the creatures that were beneath her.