Chapter 10

Maddie's p.o.v

Today was Thursday. We had 2 more days until competition. We learned most of the group dance yesterday. We were just learning how to dance in a group of 5 instead of 9. We just needed to finish the group dance today along with solos. Right now it was 11:30. Math was almost over. The girls who got kicked off the team keep on glaring at me. We were all wondering about Nia. Nia is nice but she was better friends with Kendall then she was with any of us. We will have to see where she ends up going. Jojo's mom opened up a dance studio. It is just the 4 of them. It is called The Jessalynn Siwa Dance Company. The jsdc for short. We were competing against them this week. We need to give everything we got for Mackenzie. When math class ended it was lunch. We all got up and went to the cafeteria. I sat with Chloe, Paige, and Brynn. Kendall and her group were sitting at the table beside us. Nia walked into the cafeteria and walked up to the tables. She looked back and forth deciding who she was going to be friends with. She walked up to us and placed her tray on the table.

Kalani: Nia we were going to ask you to join the jsdc but we don't need a bad dancer like you anyway.

Nia: If I was such a bad dancer then why would you consider me for the team anyway? Plus I don't want to join. All you do is tear down other people.

Jojo: Well prepare to lose losers!

Kendall: Especially you Ziegler!

Maddie: Just leave me alone Kendall. 

Kendall: When we all go up against each other next week we will see who the real star is.

Lunch ended and next I had my spare. Chloe and I both have a spare this period. We stayed in the cafeteria and talked for a bit. We then went on our laptops.

Chloe: So Next week is my annual Halloween party. Are you coming?

Maddie: Yeah.

Chloe: Great! There will be a lot of cute boys.

Maddie: I think I want to stay single right now.

Chloe: Whatever works for you.

**************************************************************************

Maddie's p.o.v

School was over and now we were at dance. We were finishing up the group dance. Abby was giving us all corrections. Abby has been very nice since Mackenzie died. She was always strict but the show made it look like she was an abusive monster. The only thing she did was everything she would say to Kenzie about being like me. She thought it would motivate her to become a better dancer but that backfired. Now she is nice ans doesn't yell too much. She knows we are all still sad.

Abby: Maddie I know you are going through a hard time right now but you are not showing any emotion. You are just staring off into space.

Maddie: I'm sorry!

I ran out of the room into the dancers den. The cameras followed and so did everyone else. I jut sat there and cried. The moms and Abby came into the room asking all of the other girls and forced the cameramen to leave.

Melissa: Honey we all know you are going through a hard time right now.

Christi: All of us are here for you Maddie.

Abby: You just need to take the sadness you are feeling and put that in your dance.

Maddie: You guys just don't understand.

Holly: Maddie we know how much you love Kenzie we all do.

Maddie: None of you know how I feel. I lost my sister and it is all of my fault. If I figured it out sooner I would of stopped her from killing herself! I can't cry again because if I do I don't know if I will ever stop!!!!!!!

Right as I finished saying what I had to say I felt the tears start rolling down my face. My mom pulled me into  hug along with everyone else. After I calmed down we went back into rehearsal.

Abby: Costumes just came in today so I want you to try them on. 

We went to the dancers den and changed into our group dance costume. We then went over the dance again.

Abby: There you go Maddie that's the emotion I want to see!

Abby's p.o.v

After the group dance I started solos. Paige was up first. The only time she does contemporary is in group dances so she will need the most time. It was also spoken word so there was no music to help with counts. 

Abby: Remember you are depressed. Your friend committed suicide and no one noticed she was hurting. You are trying to get help with your depression but everyone is too focused on the dead girl. I need to see pointed feet and good emotion. 

After I taught her the dance I got Nia to come in. 

Abby: So remember Nia the dance was about saying goodbye to the other person.

Nia: Ok.

When I finished going through the dance I sent her out to practice with another teacher. I then got Brynn to come in.

Abby: Ok Brynn your dance is about your friendship with Mackenzie. All the memories and all the good times you guys had.

Brynn: I just don't want to disappoint her.

Abby: Aww come here! No matter what you do you won't disappoint her Brynn. She will be right there watching all you dance. Maybe not physically but in our hearts.

When Brynn's solo was finished I got Chloe to come in.

Abby: So Chloe you are the narrating the story of the girl who was bullied.

Chloe: I'm really worried about Maddie.

Abby: I know honey. We all are.

Chloe: I know it has only been 3 weeks but I don't want her to fall back into her old habits.

Abby: She knows now that she has 4 really good friends to help her. Now let's get started.

When I finished with Chloe I sent Maddie in. 

Maddie's p.o.v

Chloe came out of the room and I went to put my costume on. It was this pretty purple dress. I requested a purple costume because it was Mackenzie's favorite color. I put it on and walked into the room.

Abby: Ok so this dance is coming from your point of view. Your sister "slipped away" and now you have to deal with the aftermath. Just like I said in the group dance. You need to take all of this emotion and pour it into your dance. It is ok if you actually cry in the dance just so you know.

First Abby taught me the dance without the music. Once I learned it we played the music. I cried a lot but just kept running through the dance. When I finished Abby gave me a hug. My mom also came in the room to hug me. When dance was over it was 8:30 PM. I needed a Halloween costume for the party next week so we went to the store. I didn't really know what to get. I went with the basic cheerleader. Once I bought the costume we went home.