Chapter 18

(6 weeks later)

Maddie's p.o.v

It was Thursday today. 2 days ago in Pyramid Abby gave out 2 trios and a group dance. The first trio is called Choose. It has Logan, Brynn and Chloe in it. It is Contemporary. The last trio is called Spaces. It is lyrical. It has Nia, Paige and I in it. We have 5 more competitions until Nationals and until the show is over for good. Abby was now figuring out who she wants to dance at Nationals. We will all be dancing in the group dance but there is only 3 solos, 2 duets and maybe a trio. Everyone will be in at least one of those but a solo is what everyone is aiming for. Right now we were in class with all of the other students are age at the aldc. We have class for half an hour and then we have to leave studio b to go into studio a and film. We learned are trios already and were now learning the second half of our group dance. It was called Torn Apart. It was contemporary. I lost every dance I did last week so Abby was mad. She put me in he back of the trio and in the back of the group dance. There was 2 leads in this dance. Brynn and Nia.  We finished learning the dance and then just went over it. When we finished going over it it was 8:00 PM. We had another class and then went home.

*******************************************

It was now 9:00 PM and we were finished at dance for the night. I was really tired. I said goodnight to everyone and then got into the car with my mom. When I got home I had a lot of homework. Since we are missing half a day of school tomorrow to travel they gave us our work now. I sat at the table and ate my supper while doing my homework. When I finished it was 10:00. I took a quick shower and then went to bed.

*****************************************************************

Today was Saturday. It was 7:00 AM. We have to be at the competition by 10:00. I looked over to he other side of the bed to see Logan still awake. I was too lazy to go get food so I ordered the 2 of us room service. While I was waiting for the food I packed my dance bag and then got the food. I thank him and shut the door. I heard a noise and looked over at the bed. Logan woke up. I kissed him and said good morning. I then grabbed the utensils and food handing it over to him. After we finished eating I got a text in the group chat. It was Brynn. She was asking if anyone else was awake. I texted her back and told her she could come hang out with us. When we heard a knock on the door we let her in and watched netflix.

***********************************************

We arrived at the competition and went to the dressing room. Logan, Brynn and Chloe's trio was the 2nd out of 30 entries while ours was the 25th. We all put on our costumes and then got into hair and makeup. When it was almost time for them to perform we went into the audience to watch them dance. They danced great but had some spacing issues. Logan was too close to Chloe so Brynn was further away from them. That ended up in some timing issues as well. They did their ending pose and then walked off stage. When they finished they went to the dressing room to start getting ready for the group dance. When it was our turn to perform they sat in the audience. I hugged the girls and then waited for them to walk on stage since I was walking on stage last. We got on stage and the music started. We did ok. We almost had a timing issue but Nia caught up. When the dance ended we got off stage and headed to the dressing room. When we got there we saw Kendall, Kalani, Jojo and Payton in our dressing room with scissors and my costume. We ran towards them and they ran out of the room. We looked at my costume and picked it up. They cut a line through the side of my dress. My mom got her sewing kit out and fixed the costume while I started on my hair. When she finished the costume I did my makeup and got into my dress. We went backstage and waited for our names to be called. When we were called we went on stage and danced.

*******************************************************************

Host: In first place is Kendall and Kalani with The Letter K! Now let's move on to trios.

We waited as the host called out 10th -3rd place for trios.

Host: In second place we have Choose!

Logan, Chloe and Brynn got up to get their award.

Host: In first place we have Spaces!

We got up to get our award and say our dance company. We then sat down waiting as he gave out awards for the group dances.

Host: In first place with a perfect score we have the Abby Lee Dance Company with Torn Apart!

I was very happy that the trio and group dance won. Hopefully Abby won't be mean next week.

Abby: Congratulations everyone! There were a few things that could of been improved but you got 1st and 2nd place!

We packed up and headed back to Pittsburgh.