36: My Kinda Lover

- that same night -

- Amanda's POV ~

We were so passionate about getting Nikki's car keys that we didn't even care to keep our hands intertwined, breaking them off at the bottom of the stairs and racing up them together. We ran up the stairs of Nikki's apartment building, giggling and smiling at each other like two teenagers in a dorky romance movie.

Vince was well ahead of me, making it to the top long before I did. When I neared the last two steps, my heavy breathing and tired legs were weighing me down. Vince looked down at me with a playful smile, stepping down and lifting me straight off of my feet as I giggled wildly back at him.

"Vince, cut that out!" I begged, not being able to control my laughter.

"You better get used to it," Vince teased with a joking smile, lifting me a little higher before finally setting me down on the floor.

We went over to Nikki's door and Vince lightly tapped his knuckles on it. We were surprised to see Lita on the other side of the door, standing in only a long t-shirt and her underwear.

"Awh, you two are back together?" Lita cooed as she saw Vince and I standing together. "A little messed up, but who am I to judge," she said, shrugging her shoulders.

"We were never really apart," Vince said, throwing his arm around me and flashing Lita a wide smile.

"If you're looking for Nikki, he went out," Lita said, letting the door relax on its hinges.

"We're actually just looking for his car keys," Vince said suavely.

"If he doesn't mind," I added with a polite smile.

"Pff, Nikki? He won't care," Lita said, turning to a bowl next to their door and fishing them out, handing them over to Vince. "But I'll care if you wreck it, that's my dad's old car."

"We'll be careful," I reassured her as Vince was starting to walk away, pulling me with him.

"Wait, where are you guys going?" Lita asked.

"Everywhere," I said with a smile as Vince dragged me back toward the stairs. I didn't even have to grimace for him to sweep me off of my feet again and run down the stairs with me in his arms. I couldn't help but laugh through it all and when he finally put me down my eyes felt crazed until they met his.

The way that he had been looking at me all night was something I had been craving all my life. When he looked at me, it felt like everything in the world was finally put into place. And it felt like he truly loved me. And I knew that he did, and that I loved him back.

"You ready?" Vince asked after we had been looking at each other for a minute.

He grabbed my hand and led me to where Nikki's car was parked on the side of the street. He led me to the door and sarcastically opened it for me, gesturing for me to get in like a true gentlemen. I loved how much he knew me, he knew that I didn't care about little things like that, but he still wanted to do it.

I put on my seat belt and took a deep breath, soaking in all of the memories that I had in this car. The first time was a night that I spent with Nikki, and the other was before Vince left for his tour. So many memories.

"You good?" Vince asked as he put the key in the ignition and turned it over.

I nodded to him when he looked over to me, a smile helplessly falling across my face. As excited as I was, I was also a bit nervous to see what our relationship would become now that nothing was standing in our way.