Godfather?

After Ross left Carol to finish off in the shower Ross went to see his uncle only to find his office was empty and he was no where in sight so Ross glanced behind him and walked over to the filing cabinet and to his luck and surprise it was unlocked so Ross began to rummage through the files until he found Carols file.
Ross pulled out Carols file and gently put it on the desk and took a deep breath and opened it. There wasn't much in Carols file compared to other files. Finally Ross found Alice Dennings Address and contact number. Ross pulled out his note pad and wrote it all down and put it away in his top shirt pocket. Ross put the file back and left the room carefully making sure that no one was him.
A few days later it was Ross's day off from litchfield so he made the journey to Alice Dennings house. Ross pulled up outside turned the Ignition off and took a few seconds to himself and the next thing he knew he was walking up the path to the house and knocking on the door. Ross only had to wait for a few seconds before the door opened.
" Hello How May I help you?" A tall slim lady asked asked cheerfully.
" Hello Mrs Denning?" Alice nodded "my name is Cameron Ross I ermm....May I come in?" Ross asked politely.
Alice Denning nodded opened the door for Ross to step inside the house " Thank you" Ross smiled politely.
They walked through to the living room where Alice gestured for Ross to sit down.
" Thank you, you have a lovely home" Ross said sweetly.
" Thank you my love, so who are you exactly?" Alice asked softly.
"Sorry yes I'm Cameron Ross and I am in love with your daughter Carol" Alice was shocked " I'm sorry but how do you know Carol exactly?" Ross took a deep breath.
" I know Carol because I work at the prison as a guard and well we met there and I know this might be hard to hear but I am the father of her baby" Alice was quiet for a split second.
" You know what she did to end up in there with you right?" Ross nodded " I do and I am sorry for that but Carol didn't do it alone Barb was part of it too" Alice shook her head " Oh I see Carol has got to you. No my Barbara has nothing to do with it" Ross sighed " Mrs Denning Carol has changed and we are having a baby together and I am here because we want you to be part of your grandchild's life?" Alice Denning was shocked " What kind of prison are you running down there? I mean I've not heard of such a thing" Alice Denning said as she shook her head.
" I do agree this doesn't usually happen but I really mean it but I am in love with Carol" Alice chuckled " So you are fine with the fact that she killed her little sister and your happy to have a child with this killer" Alice chuckled.
" Once again Carol didn't do it on her own and your precious Barb was part of it too" Alice nodded " You clearly do love Carol. You've done nothing but defend her the moment you've step into this house and to answer your previous question Of course I want to be part of my grandchild's life and I appreciate that you have come to tell me yourself that takes a lot guts" Ross nodded.
" I do have one wish is that I don't want the child visiting their mother" Ross shook his head " I'm sorry I disagree on that. The child will see Carol as she is their mother and I want them to have a relationship and a bond" Alice sighed "Fine whatever" Alice gave in.
" Well I better go, here's my number and my address Ross said handing over a piece of paper for Alice to take. Alice smiled and took the piece of paper from Ross " Thank you, please keep me informed on the pregnancy and.....Carol I want to make sure they are okay and please look after them both and of course you are very welcome here anytime" Ross nodded " I will and thank you very much Alice" Ross turned to leave and left the house.
Later that afternoon Ross and Hughes sat at their favourite bar nursing a couple of beers as they sat at the bar.
" So what's she like Mrs Denning? Is she scary like her daughters" Hughes asked as he took a sip of his beer.
" Alice was really nice and no she's nothing like her daughter as far as I know" Hughes laughed " Oh first name terms are we?" Ross shook his head " Well I am dating her daughter and the father of her grandchild" Hughes thought about it for a second " Your right" Ross sipped his beer " So How was it today at work?" Ross asked.
" Yes Carol was Fine if you're asking" Ross nodded.
Ross smiled " Did she happen to ask about me?" Ross asked nervously as he took a sip of his beer.
" Yes she did" Hughes laughed.
Ross nodded but inside he felt a warm glow knowing that he finally felt needed by someone.
" So have you and Carol got any names for the baby?" Hughes asked as he sipped his beer.
" you know we haven't really discussed it and well let's be honest it's not easy is it" Ross laughed and Hughes nodded "That is very true indeed. I think you both need to decide and let me guess you haven't talked about wether you both want to know what sex the baby is" Ross shook his head " you guessed right" Ross sighed.
" well you know what I'll be doing tomorrow" Hughes laughed.
" Carol has booked to have her hair done so maybe you can ask her on the way there?" Hughes shrugged.
"Yes mate good idea. I need to make sure I'm working on C Block tomorrow" Ross said as he played with his beer bottle.
" you know what mate?" Ross asked as he turned to Hughes.
" What's That mate?" Hughes sipped his beer as she turned to face Ross " I want you to be my child's godfather" Hughes was silent for a minute " I would be honoured to" Hughes had tears in his eyes.
" Good cause I love you buddy" Ross placed a hand on his best friends back and patted him on the back.
" Love you to mate" Hughes hugged his best friend.