one

Can't help it

 in a land of myth and a time of magic,

the destiny of the wizarding world rests on the shoulders of a young girl.

her name, [name].

.

[name] Pendragon walked through the filled streets of Diagon Alley with a tall, old, shriveled woman whose name, if she recalls correctly, was Minerva McGonagall.

[Name], being the muggleborn she was, hadn't the slightest idea of this place. It was all new to her, to which she didn't like new things very much, but she agreed to make an exception.

She looked around, curiosity crawling through her skin. Men, women, and children pranced the streets happily.
Well, most did. But the majority of wizards and witches would rather not talk about the arrogant blondes, most call the Malfoys.

She watched as kids smushed their faces to storefront windows. She peered over the shoulder of a ginger-haired boy who was staring through the glass; just begging to get his hands on the broomstick. Nimbus 2000, that is.

Minerva looked down and found the child she had collected from her neglecting Mother, was gone.

She soon narrowed her eyes to [name], to her dismay, was about ten feet away.
Minerva maneuvered her way over to the [hair color] girl.
Well, she tried anyway. Generations of magic blood stood between the witches.

"Excuse me?" The girl tapped the shoulder of ginger-haired twin.

"Yes?" They asked, turning swiftly on their heels to face the short one.

"I was wondering if- uh- you can tell me what that is?" She pointed the broom in front of them.

"A broomstick." Said one.

"Well, I might be a m-muggleborn but by no means does that mean I'm an idiot." She said tripping over a few words but still said confidently.

"Joking. Only joking, that right there is the Nimbus 2000. Fastest broom aroun-" The other quickly stopped before laying a hand on his own forehead.

"Ignore my brother Fred here, all looks no brain-"

"I could say the same to you." Spat the other one.

"Ron Weasley, these are my two, um, brothers. And this--" he continues with a hand in a pocket and the other pointing to the window ahead. "...is the Nimbus 2000. Someone bewitched broom one day and they built off that, I suppose."

He smiles kindly.

"You mean to tell me the witchs and wizards travel via broomstick? Like in the shows on television?"

"Of course! Is there any other way? Wait, T-tele-viSiOn? What in Merlin's name is that?" Ron asked curiously.

"Are you serious? You have to be only joking."

"I'm completely Serious. There's nothing here called a-- umm. What's it called again?"

"Tv. It's easier for most people. And it's this screen where you watch shows about people's lives. Or cartoons. They're my favorite. Which reminds me, I'm missing my Saturday morning cartoons." [name] sighs.
Third time this month she had done this.