seven

houses

The large group of first years and Professor McGonagall walked through the large brown double doors of the Great Hall.

A couple, 'ooohs', and 'ahhhs', were spread across the first years.

The room filled with four separate, giant tables, metal plates of fire and candles light the room. A couple of hundred students litter the room.

"The ceiling isn't real. It's bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Hermione said to the starstruck [name].

Candles floated well above there heads and a beautiful deep blue sky, with clouds and a bright mood roared from above.

Minerva stepped upon the wooden platform and turned to the kids.

"Will you wait along here, please?" She asked kindly.

"Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

An old man stood up, along with gracious, white beard hung low underneath his chin. His purple robe and hat lay plainly on his body, alongside a pair of half-moon glasses.

"I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note, that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Flich, has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor, on the right-hand side, is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He finishes sitting down.

[name] and Hermione exchange odd glances and look back to Minerva.

"When I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the Sorting Hay on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." She explains, lifting the old, brown hat off of the wooden stool.

"Hermione Granger." She yelped.

"Go on." [name] said encouragingly.

"Oh, no. Okay, relax." She mumbled to herself before walking up to Minerva.

[name] walked up a bit further to Ron and Harry.

"-ental, that one. I'm telling you." Ron muttered under his breathe.

Harry only nodded in reply.

Hermione sat down at the stool. Minerva McGonagall laid it softly to the top of her head.

After a few moments of conversation, the hat yelps, "Gryffindor!"

The table engorged itself it cheers.

Dumbledore only clapped his left hand to the top if his right lightly.

"[Name] Pendragon." You could only hear faint whispers of if she was the real Pendragon and how much of an honor it is to have her here at Hogwarts.

She stepped to the stage half confident, half shyly.

To her dismay, she nearly tripped over a stair, but, thankfully caught herself.

A few snickers were met with [name]'s ears from the crowd.

Minerva set the hat down to [name] head and waited to know what this bright, young girl was going into.