eight

bertie botts: every flavor beans

Percy,  one of the Gryffindor houses' prefect and Ron's brother, brought the group of excited first years through the exit doors of the Great Hall.

"Gryffindors, follow me, please. Keep up. Thank you," Instructed Percy. 

"Ravenclaw, follow me. This way." Pointed the Ravenclaw prefect.

Then, they proceeded to lead them up a short staircase.

"This is the most direct path to the dormitories. Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change," Percy announced.

The first year Gryffindors looked up amazed. The long, stone staircases changed before the children's eyes. Some turned left, others turned right; one decided to shift up and one went down. The walls were littered with large and small paintings. A few had families or knights. Some were just people standing idle with small smiles or no smiles at all.

"Whoa," Whispered a tall girl, dark-skinned girl with vibrant purple eyes.

"Yeah. Whoa." Replied [name] in awe.

"Keep up, please, and follow me. Quickly now, come on. Come on." Hurried the ginger prefect.

"That picture's moving!" Ron said.

"Look at that one-" Said Harry, lightly gesturing to a young girl in a white dress, and a matching bonnet, with a pinkish bouquet in hand.

"I think she fancies you." Giggled Ron.

"Look!" Pointed the purple-eyed girl.

"Who's that girl?" Someone asked.

They finally enter the Gryffindor tower. The group went down the long, elegant hallway. In the end, held a large picture, framed in gold.

The picture was a rather heavier set woman in a large pink frilly dress. Her hair was up in pigtails and ending in curls. A pearl neckless lay finely on her thick neck. 

"Password?" Said the woman, sounding rather bored.

"Caput Draconis," Said Percy.

Gasps jumped back and forth among the students and the painting opens up to reveal an opening. "Follow me, everyone. Keep up. Quickly, come on." Percy instructed yet again.

"Gather around here-"

The eleven-year-olds looked around amazed at the size and decor of the common room.

"...welcome to the Gryffindor common room. Boy's dormitory is upstairs to the left. Girls, the same on your right. You'' find all your belongings have already been brought up." And with that, he shoed the lot off to their dormitories.

The group of girls made there way to the dormitory.  On their way up, they ran into multiple doors. One was labled, 'first year', so they entered.

They walked into the room, it held five beds, that had their trunks in front of them. The same curtains as the common room had that covered the long framed windows; nightstands on the left of each bunk. A chair sat beside each bed; on top of that chair, laid the next days uniforms.

.

It was late hour when the young Pendragon decided to slip out of her warm bed and try to exit her dormitory. Before she reached the handle, she felt a light grumble roll around her stomach.

She took a swift turn and knelt down in front of her large trunk. She unclipped the latch, and found a box of Bertie Botts; every flavor beans laying atop her matte black notebook. She praised herself for snatching them from Ron before hand. They might not have been a pop tarts a Hershey bar but a wizarding candy will have to do at the time being.