Calum

These three assholes really know how to ruin my day. I reluctantly left Scarlett on the couch to, hopefully, get rid of the people waiting at the door. Upon opening it, I grumbled, "The fuck do you want?" I didn't get an answer, instead I got Michael pushing past me heading towards my living room. He wasn't out of view for long before I heard his voice yell, "Oh shit! Our boy was trying to get laid." I dropped my head in a defeated shake, and when I looked up again, Ashton's face had drastically changed. He had a look of anger as he bumped into my shoulder as he followed in Michael's steps. Luke followed him as I accepted defeat shutting the door. Before I could join the gathering, I heard a relieved sight from Ashton, "Scar! You're here. Which is good because I was about to beat his ass if he had some random girl here." Oh, that explains the his look, but should I be offended that he'd think I had some random chick here? Probably.
I walked into the room hoping to take back my seat from earlier, but Luke was there with Scarlett resting against his chest, arms wrapped around each other. I was glad that all my friends liked Scarlett, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I really believed they preferred her over me. They were present during most of our video calls which meant they were becoming just as close to her as I was. I took a seat on a chair next to the fireplace since the couch was full of my guests and girlfriend.
"Hey, you know when you asked me about my favorite in the band?" Scarlett asked bringing the attention to herself. We all have affirmative replies so she continued, but not before giving me a cheeky look with a small smirk that I would've missed if I blinked.
"Well, I have an answer," we were all on the edge of our seats, not literally, as we awaited her response, "Ashton." Luke's arms dropped from around her in an instant. I understood her devious look now.
"Fuck you!" I retorted.
"You already tried that today, mate." I turned to shoot Mike a glare, but got sidetracked when Luke spoke.
"Shouldn't have let us in if you had plans, man."
"I didn't!" I said exasperatedly. "You all just walked in!" I leaned back rubbing my hands across my face so confused as to why they wanted to come over on a Tuesday night. It didn't help me that Scarlett was having a ball laughing her head off at the boys' antics. She enjoyed their company while I was starting to despise it.
"What are y'all doing here anyway?" She questioned once her laughter had died down.
"I could ask you the same thing," Luke sassed out, but lost his sass as soon as she sent him a glare. "Our girlfriends have work tomorrow, but we wanted to have a good time, maybe drink a bit. So, voilà, we are here."
"Oooh, how do you have a good time?"
"Well, Calum was going to show you, but we interrupted so I guess we can just dance around or swim." Thanks for continuing to bring it up, Mike.
"There's a pool here? Of course there's a pool here! Ugh, I hate this house, but I love it. It makes all the other houses jealous." She nearly hopped out of her seated position at the mention of the pool. I shared looks with my bandmates who were sharing the same looks.
I decided to bite the bullet and ask what we were all thinking, "If this is you sober, what the hell are you like drunk?"
"Get ready to find out, baby." I gulped nervously because the way she said it made it sound like a threat. I'm not ready.
—————
Mixed drinks, throwback songs, and a swimming pool were all we needed for a party. It had been about two hours since the guys showed up. Scarlett had settled herself against my side as we sat in a lounger by the pool. She occasionally sipped the drink in her hand since everyone had stopped downing drink after drink. The beginnings of the tipsy hangout begun with a broken chair, two broken glasses, a spilled bottle of beer, and three pizza slices dropped on the concrete surrounding the pool. It wasn't exactly the way to start a fun filled evening, but things began to look up. It was normally crazy when the boys got together, but adding Scarlett to the mix had everyone dancing and jumping and drinking way more than we should have. I think everyone stopped tasting everything quickly after we took pre-party shots. It was a fun party of five we had happening.
I glanced down at Scarlett as she took a sip of the drink in her hand. Her wince at the taste had me curious.
"What ya drinkin'?" She looked up at me at the sound of my voice since no one had said a word in about half an hour only letting the music surround us. She shrugged her shoulders as she replied,"Dunno." I reached my hand out silently asking for the cup and she obliged. I took a sip, instantly reaching for the beer bottle next to me to chug.
"Babe, that's straight up vodka!" I looked at her flabbergasted. How had she been sipping on it for so long?
"Oh, I had to pee while I was making it so I did. I guess I forgot to finish making it when I got back." She shrugged again, taking the cup from my hand before taking another swig. We drank a lot, but even after all of that, I couldn't stand the vodka taste. I don't know how she was doing it. She stood up after a few minutes causing me to frown at the warmth she took with her. She walked over to where Ashton was leaned up against a column next to the table of drinks. Michael and Luke were swimming in the pool, everyone else not feeling up to being drunk in a pool. I glanced towards the two swimming around while occasionally swimming to the edge for a drink. Looking back at Scarlett and Ashton, I saw them talking before she nodded her head and pointed over at me. I didn't know what they were saying, but she seemed to have just confirmed something Ashton was wondering about. I watched as he took the cup in her hand. He brought it up to his lips, and I couldn't wait for his reaction. He quickly moved the cup before he spit the liquid in his mouth on the grass beside him.
Calum! Get your girl! She's calling vodka a mixed drink!" Scarlett and I both bust out into laughter at his reaction. I was just glad I wasn't the only one who had to taste the rubbing alcohol impersonation in that cup.