Scarlett

I don't remember what time we fell asleep last night or anything from last night, actually. I woke up with arms around my waist and a face in my neck. I was in the most comfortable bed I had ever been in, and I was grateful for that, but I wasn't grateful for the unnecessary heat that Calum's body was emitting. I groaned causing my head to ache and causing him to groan when I pushed his away. I sat up to sit with my legs hanging off of the bed. It took a minute before I could stand up due to the feeling in my head. The kitchen was where I needed to be. I needed some pain meds, water, coffee, and hopefully breakfast.
I had managed to get everything but breakfast figured out before Calum came downstairs, and I was feeling much better. He walked into the kitchen with only a pair of sweatpants on. A yawn opening his mouth and closing his eyes  as his arms stretched above his head. Damn, I could get used to this view every morning. He smirked when he noticed me staring. It's not like I cared, the dude knew he was hot I was just helping his ego.
I was leaning against the counter holding my coffee mug with both hands bringing it to my lips to sip every couple of minutes.
"Thought you hated coffee?" Calum said with his eyebrows furrowed.
"I do, but a hangover needs a cure." He nodded his head in agreement as he grabbed a mug from the cabinet to pour himself a cup. He walked over to me with the cup in one hand leaning towards me.
"Don't even try to kiss me right now. I'm pretty sure neither of us brushed our teeth last night, and coffee breath only makes it worse." He diverted his puckered lips to my cheek and shoulder mumbling a 'you're no fun'. I scoffed, but stood up straight when he grabbed a pan and bowl. He started pulling ingredients out of the cabinets and fridge, mixing it all together, and making pancakes.
We stayed leaning against the counter with plates in our hands eating the pancakes he made. There was an island with barstools less than two feet away, but we made no effort to sit. We had a comfortable silence as we stood around eating. After getting everything I came to the kitchen for, I ruled my hangover cured.
"So, how drunk was everyone last night? I can't remember shit," I finished my words with a laugh.
"Not surprising. You were fucked up. You gave me and Ash a sip of your so called mixed drink. It was straight vodka."
"Oh no. Please tell me that I wasn't the worst." My head dropped back as I groaned at the thought of making a fool of myself.
"No, sorry, you were. I didn't drink much after we had those shots. Ash was pretty gone, but he could still taste which you apparently couldn't. I'm pretty Luke and Mike swan away their buzzes."
"The first time I'm really around your friends, I get drunk and probably act like an idiot."
"You were pretty chill actually. We stayed cuddled up most of the night after dancing and all being idiots together."
"That's good, I guess," I took my plate to the dishwasher to load it in, "I'm going to shower and brush my teeth."
Calum perked up quickly, "Can I join?" he looked hopeful.
"No chance in hell." He crossed his arms over his chest with a pout on his lip. I placed a quick peck to his cheek and laughed at his childish pouting as I headed to the bathroom.
Once I finished with my shower, Calum took one which gave me time to explore the place that would be my new home. It was all so sudden. I had applied to a job here with no hope that I would actually get it. I loved the week that I had spent here with my friends a few months back, and my soulmate lived here, so it would make sense to move my life to California. I didn't think Calum would agree to having me live here. I had fully planned on getting an apartment after staying with him for s few days to give us time to get to know each other, but I could see why he wasn't opposed to having someone join him in this large home. It was two stories, I had found four bedrooms, so far, a music room, an office, three bathrooms, a game room, and the normal number of standard rooms every house had to offer. It was way too big for one person or even two. There was so much space that looked like it had never been touched making it lack the element of home.
I was looking at a picture on the wall in the office with a man, a woman, Calum, and another woman who looked close to his age. I was too caught up in exploring that I did I notice him in the room until his hands found their way around my waist and his head on my shoulder. He placed a quick kiss on my shoulder as he glanced at the picture I was looking at.
"'s my mum and dad and sister. They really wanna meet you." I turned my head to look at him over my shoulder with a smile on my face.
"My family wants to meet you, too. I think they're just glad that I've found someone else to annoy."
"I'd be honored if you would annoy me for the rest of my life. I'd quite enjoy it. And the guys. They love your annoying presence"
"Just give it some time. Y'all will have had your fill." He let go of me as he started laughing and let his pointer finger briefly touched the tip of my nose. I looked at his quizzically.
"Your accent comes out at the weirdest moments. It's adorable."
"My accent? What about yours, Mr. Australian?" I sassed crossing my arms over my chest.
"Oh, don't get sassy with me. I quite enjoy your southern drawl," He tried to imitate a thick country accent as he spoke. My arms fell as I laughed at the horribly fail of an accent he attempted.
"Never do that again or I will leave you soulmateless." My threat was empty since my mind had not been able to forget him since we first met. I could never leave him.
He gasped dramatically, throwing his hand on his chest against his heart, "You would never!"
After we chased each other around for a bit for mocking each other's voices, Calum gave me an official house tour. He would be going on tour again in a few months since they had written this album quicker than they thought they would. I would be starting my new job in two weeks. Calum wanted to have Brynn and Carson come spend a couple of weeks with me once he left for tour. We had to make plans to meet each other's families. Our lives were going to busy and hectic, but we were ready for whatever life had to throw at us.