Chapter Thirteen

"Shit," I swore as I held the pup to my chest. "Shit!" I ran a hand through my  matted hair as I looked around for something that could assist me. It was getting late too, the sun was setting and the wind was starting to gather and push. I had to leave.

I hugged Eren to my chest, gritting my teeth at the smell. I closed my eyes, counted to three and let go of him. Letting my eyes water as I stood on shaky legs and turned away from him, waking up the small slope and following the road. I had a days travel at least to get to the city where my kingdom ruled. I just had to make it.

I had been traveling for an hour at least, rubbing the wet baby hair of my son as he desperately suckled at my shirt, in an attempt to breastfeed. My knees hurt and my lungs were on fire, but I refused to stop. Even when the wind was so hard that it wiped lashes into my cheeks and the dirt burned my eyes. Even when the wolves howled at the dead of night and the soon to be winter air chipped at my skin. When I felt hot to the touch and numb to the bone, I kept going. As long as I made it to my kingdom where my son would be save, is when I would let myself die. Then, and only then.

It had been 6 hours, my son had started to wale. He was hungry and I had no milk for him. Too tired to give him a name.

"Shh shh, hush it's okay." I flinched when he gripped my fingers tightly. Very strong. I peeked down at him, chubby red cheeks and baby blue eyes. Dark almost black brown hair. His eyes with round and he was a creamy white peach color. He probably inherited the small tan color from his mother.

I walked for 8 hours straight until I reached the edge of my city. My knees wobbly as I limped and wobbled down the path. Some civilians saw and recognised me, immediately coming to my aid.
"His majesty Levi!" "King Ackerman, my lords, what happened to you?" "Someone call a doctor!"

My eyes fluttered shut just as someone held onto my arms to keep me up. Someone reaching for my pup, I attempted to growl at them only to fade into black.

I woke up feeling clean, and only my shoulder feeling like shit. There was fresh white sheets under me and fluffy pillows propping me up. I leaned on my shoulders to sit up, only to wince and lay back down.

"Please do not try and get up, you have a lot of recovering to do." I opened my eyes to see Hanji leaning on my bedroom doors frame. "W-wheres my son?" I asked, shocked by the horseness of my voice. I coughed.

"He is in a nursery nearby. He is healthy and fine. Levi what exactly happend?" They asked, obvious concern laced with curiosity that Hanji could never keep away.

"I don't want to talk about it. Let me sleep." I put a hand on my face.

"Alright Levi, take care." Hanji turned to leave and close the door when my eyes went wide and I shot out of bed, latching onto her elbow. "Agh, Levi! Get back in-" "Eren, Hanji. We HAVE to get him." Her eyes softened and she gave a sympathetic look. We recovered his body 6 days ago. My eyes went wide. "Six.. days ago?"

She looked away and figited with her glasses.  You were in a coma for, 3 months. You were malnourished and had a lot of infections. We had Erens funeral 3 days ago.

"Ah, haha, I see." I covered my face, "I wish to see my son."

"Of course." Hanij stepped out of the room only to come back a few seconds later holding a baby with long-ish brown black hair. I immediately felt so much better, holding out my hands and grasping him gently. Codling him to my chest and gently liking his nose. He let out a screech of delight, grabbing my finger curly and shoving it in his mouth. I smiled. His name, I looked at him. "Revere Jaeger Ackerman." Hanji smiled and nealed. "All hail, Prince Revere Ackerman!" Smiling, she stood back up. "I can see a great future ahead."

I looked at Revere, smiled and said,"Yeah, me too."

{•To Be Continued•}

Book 2 will be out in awhile!