Don't Be Sad

At this point Selena caught up to Demi but saw Joe, so she hid behind the wall looking through the window next to it. It was convenient that the door was open cause that way she could listen in on their conversation. 

She let go of his hand only to let him land back down on the grass. "Sorry" she said, helping him up properly this time. "Hey Demz" Joe said happily. "Hey" Demi replied with a tinge of wonder in her voice. 'Why is he here' Demi thought to herself. Joe sighed and whispered something in Demi's ear, "You do know that Selena is watching us right?" "What?" she sounded confused but turned around and let out an exaggerated gasp once she saw Selena's eyes from the window. "SELENA!" Demi yelled jokingly. "Well....." she stuttered, "I'm going shopping, ciao." Demi laughed, realizing that she just came back from the mall but she went along with it. "waaait, I want my phone back first" Selena said giving Demi a huge grin. Demi laughed and said "fine, come on. But only cause Joe's here otherwise I SOO would've taken you down." "In what world?" Selena added. They both laughed hysterically. When Demi finally had enough breath to speak, she said "okay let's get your phone. You can come in too Joe, if you like." he shrugged his shoulders and walked into Demi's house feeling happy she let him in. The two girls sprinted upstairs and Demi made Selena close her eyes and face the door so she couldn't see where she hid the phone. She quickly ran and got Selena's phone while Demi placed it into her already-open hand. "Thanks bff" Selena said, jogging down the stairs. She saw Joe at the door and held her phone in her hand so he could see it and said "and thank-youuu Joe" as she slammed the door behind her. Joe chuckled. Demi was laughing while walking down the stairs. Joe chuckled too. 

"So" Demi asked, "why are you here?" Joe shrugged his shoulders and replied "aren't I allowed to see my friend?" "What happened to best friend" Demi smirked. "Fine" Joe corrected himself, "best friend" while he leant in and hugged her. She was confused, ever since they dated, to her; everything's been a little awkward and uneasy. Demi felt the warmth of his body press against hers and couldn't resist but to hug him back. 'You can hug friends, right?' She thought to herself. The hug lasted an extremely long time, so she decided to pull away. "So, what do you wanna do?" she asked him. "I don't know, beach? Movie? Cooking? I'm not exactly sure" he replied. "Okay then, it's 5pm so it's too late to go to the beach unless you want a sunset— which we don't" she looked at him in a particular way to say that she meant it. "I don't feel like cooking, so that leaves us with a movie!" "Alright then, I'm picking" Joe said. Demi laughed, 'classic Joe' she thought to herself. Demi was on the couch and Joe found a movie that he liked, he pulled it out of the cabinet and held it in his hands facing Demi with a huge smile on his face. Out of the hundreds of movies that Demi had, he just had to pick Camp Rock 2. She rolled her eyes and groaned, "Fine, put it in" she said smiling but a bit annoyed. He put the Blu Ray movie in and sat on the huge white leather sofa next to Demi. He was a bit too close for friend-zone but she ignored it. The two were non stop talking through the whole movie remembering how much fun it was to make the movie and all the good times that they had on set. When the movie was nearly finished and they announced the winners for camp wars, Demi had a few tears running down her cheek. Joe saw out of the corner of his eye and cupped her face and wiped away her tears with his thumb, telling her to remember all the good experiences and moments, and not to be sad that it's over. She leant her head on his shoulder and her tears eased off. At that moment, Shane and Mitchie kissed. That made Joe look down at Demi and Demi to look at Joe. They both exchanged smiles and Joe leaned in and kissed her on the cheek and quietly whispered “don’t be sad...” Demi smiled at him, Joe then put on another movie, but something that he thought she'd like so he chose The Hunger Games; since that was one of her favourite movies. Her face lit up once she saw the opening screen and she just smiled. She leaned her head on his chest like she always used to – even when they were friends, and together, they watched the movie.