I Guess I'd Rather Hurt Than Feel Nothing At All.

"What are you doing here?" she asked with a blank face on the outside bit smiling like an idiot on the inside. "Demi, all I wanted to tell you is that...... I miss you." and at that very moment, Joe turned around and walked out into the rain walking back to his house. "Joe" Demi called out but he didn't hear. He just kept waking. "Joe" she yelled again but even louder this time. He still didn't hear her. She dropped her umbrella and ran towards Joe with all the energy that she had at that time. The coolness of the rain woke her up and she sprinted faster until she caught up to him. She slowed down when she reached him and tapped him gently on his back which made him jump because he obviously wasn’t expecting her to do that or let alone be there. He turned around and his face lit up like the starts with just her presence. She looked him directly in the eyes. Joe let out what he felt. Demi didn't really care about what he had to say. She just interrupted him with a few simple words, "just...... kiss me."

Joe didn't object and he leant it and kissed her and Demi's face practically glowed in the darkness.

'meet me in the pouring rain,

kiss me on the sidewalk,

take away the pain cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile.'

Demi didn't think that she wanted him back. She just felt all the security and love that she needed when he kissed her or when he held her or texted her or was even near her. After a day or two after meeting up with him after three years, she was developing feelings again. She ignored them and pushed them down because she didn't want to get heartbroken again. The truth was, she was scared; scared of falling in love. She wanted to. She wanted to be as happy as Selena was in a relationship, but she thought she couldn't be. The truth is she was terrified.

The kiss was gentle but she felt the warmth of his body press against hers and from that moment, she knew in her heart, that she had some sort of feelings for him. She got butterflies in her stomach when they kissed. It wasn't her ideal thing but she kind of liked the feeling because it left her feeling good. She hesitantly pulled away from the kiss not knowing what to think or expect. "You’re all wet; do you want to come back to my place? Selena's there but she's sleeping and you can dry off" she finally got out. "I would... but Selena's there, she might think there's something going on between us." "But... Isn't there? I mean, isn't there something going on between us?" she asked, scared of his answer. "I mean, friends just don't kiss whenever they feel like it."

This was exactly what she wanted to avoid. Having feelings for Joe but him not having any back for her.