Unexpected Changes

15 minutes later they were out of the boutique, dresses in bags and ready to find the perfect elements to make the dresses perfect. Selena said to Demi "I really need to go to the bathroom; I'll be right back okay?” "Okay" Demi replied. Selena ran towards the bathroom while Demi was walking to lean against the wall to wait for Selena when suddenly someone from the side of her knocked her over to the ground. Demi quickly flattened her dress before yelling out "watch where you're go–" but she could only get half of her sentence out of her mouth. Sitting on his knees right across from her was her former best friend and ex boyfriend. She looked straight into his big brown eyes, twinkling from the lights. She tried to look away but they were just so beautiful she couldn't help but looking into them until he broke her moment. He held out his hand to help her up while he was still fixing and straightening up his clothes. He looked at her feet and finally said "I'm so sorry, I was just going to get lun–" but he got cut off when he looked at Demi's face.  "DEMI?" he said excitedly. "Yes, Joe?" Demi asked cautiously...

"What are you doing here?" Joe asked still excited. Demi was defensive and just replied with "well, I do live here...”. Joe blushed out of embarrassment "oh, right, forgot...”.”All good, hey I'm sorry, I got to go. Demi stumbled. I'm waiting for my best friend and I have to catch up with her boyfriend later and I also got to find a date to his birthday next week......... But I guess it will be fun" Demi smiled lost in her own world then quickly snapped back to reality. She said bye to Joseph just leaving him standing there in the middle of the mall, star struck. Joe quickly took out his phone and texted Demi 'nice to see you'. Joe stared at Demi until he saw her take out her phone; she turned back to him and rolled her eyes. He felt disappointed in himself, he really wanted to regain her friendship but it was a bit harder than he thought. The only reason why he came back to LA was to get Demi back... But no one else, including his family, had to know that. Joe watched Demi walk into the girls’ bathroom thinking to himself, what I can do to show you I'm sorry?. He really wanted to get everything sorted between them. He broke her heart three years ago but it looks like she was over it plus she seemed excited go get a date for the party next week. Joe sighed as he slowly walked away looking back to the bathroom every now and then. He headed to the food court; he needed lunch and time to think. He sat down only for a waiter to come up to him and start flirting. He ignored it and said "I'll have a pepperoni pizza and a banana and strawberry smoothie" with a tinge of sadness in his voice. The waiter walked away rolling her eyes, ugh, Joe thought. He took out his phone hesitantly wondering whether he should text Demi, it felt really good to speak to her and let alone even see her. He decided to text her, but something simple, nothing too complicated so he decided to go with "hey, how are you". 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 minutes past and he still had no response. He chucked his phone on the table and fell back into his seat he mumbled some words that were hardly audible "this is going to be much harder than I thought...”