Fixing My Heart

The two girls quickly ran out of the bathroom, tears forming in their eyes from laughter. Demi had tears running down her cheek, but from happiness, not sadness like what would usually happen. When they were about halfway to their table, Selena tripped and almost fell to the ground in her heels; Demi quickly caught her and helped her regain her balance. Just then Demi burst out laughing which made Selena laugh too. They were just standing in the middle of the restaurant looking like complete idiots, but neither of them cared. Not one bit. To Demi, it felt really good to not be completely worried about a guy. Just then, she thought she was completely over Joe until she sat back at her table. She moved across to where she sat before, next to Sterling but instead of Sterling, Joe sat in his place. "Hey Joe" Demi said happily before realizing what she had just said, which made her jump and she repeated firmly "Joe?" 

 Demi looked surprised and scared at the same time. Joe could see it in her eyes but before he could say anything, she turned to Selena. Selena just shrugged her shoulders still in shock and awe at the same time and she turned back to Joe, but very slowly. Demi looked back at him, suddenly feeling quite relaxed and she smiled which made Joe smile. She looked down at his food, thinking about what type of meat it was. He saw her look down at his food and said "do you want some? It's really good!""What is it?" she asked.  "Its chicken and rice!" he exclaimed. "oh my god" Demi said looking surprised "I got that too" they both started laughing while she nudged him on the arm and he hi-fived her. They were lost in their own little world. They quickly snapped back to reality because David, Sterling and Selena were watching them. Selena had a grin on her face and thought 'I know, I just know they'll be together forever.' 

 At that very moment all their food arrived. Since Joe came from a different table, he obviously already had food. Once Demi's meal came, she pointed at it with both hands and said "See! I don't lie." "ha-ha very funny, quoting something from the first movie we did together, Camp Rock" he said sarcastically. "Well maybe I did that on purpose" she winked. Joe gave Demi a stare, a deadly-joking stare. "I remember, we were by the canoes and I was singing gotta find you and you came up to talk to me and that was when I wanted to kiss you..." Joe instantly slapped his hand to his mouth making sure nothing else was going to come out of it, but after about 2 seconds, he removed his hand and said "oh. my. god. Did I really just say that? It was meant to be in my stupid little head but my mouth had other plans..." he laughed, extremely embarrassed. Demi started laughing and she blushed trying to get him to stop stressing about what he had said. Joe was trying to explain to Demi that it was an accident and everything else, but it went on f-o-r-e-v-e-r. It was more like a lecture than an explanation.

Demi was eating her nearly-finished meal when Selena turned to Demi and whispered in her ear "he wants you baaaaack" Demi turned back to her and said "ha-ha, no he doesn't" in a sarcastic/yeah-right kinda tone. Demi turned back to Joe and he could see that he was still explaining himself. Demi rolled her eyes playfully and leant in so fast, so he couldn't stop her, and she kissed him on the lips.