I'll give you the sun

A few weeks pass, and all Jimin's been doing is trying to cope with his busy life and the loss of his grandma. The first two weeks didn't go as planned, he spent most of his days in bed or at home, canceling classes and work because Yoongi and Jin convinced them to stay home, we'll just work a bit harder these weeks they'd said, not wanting to make the younger worried about rent. Just before her passing, Jimin's grandma gave him a silver necklace with a small bird on it. "For me it resembles freedom" she'd said "I want you to feel free". He'll cherish it forever, the thin silver necklace laying in his soft skin as he rubs the pendant between his fingers.

It's almost nearing the end of November, and the only small sparkle of hope that gets him through the day is that he's not the only one who's lost someone. He's not alone in this and he knows it and yet he does feel like he is. Today is Saturday, his last free day before he'll start his daily routine again. Work, school, assignments, trying to fit 8 hours of sleep in the remaining 4 hours he's got. Tomorrow he'll really need to work on school since he missed quite a lot considering he didn't attend most of his classes.

His notebook lays untouched in front of him. He wants to write but can't find the right words to do so and so he doesn't. Drabbles a few small things on the pages, ink smeared all over it. He sighs deeply, ruffling his hair through his thick black hair when he hears the door open behind him. "Jimin? want to come to listen to this new song I wrote? I included the piano in it, your favorite instrument." There's a small smile hanging onto Yoongi's lips, hands in the pockets of his sweatpants. "You don't even have to ask." Jimin answers and he makes his way over to Yoongi's room, multiple papers filled with music notes scattered over his messy desk and several pieces of music equipment filling every corner of his room. Yoongi gives him the headphones and Jimin puts them on, almost missing the first notes as Yoongi clicks play immediately. The beautiful sounding piano notes fill his ears, Yoongi's raspy but meaningful voice joining the piano a few seconds in. The contrast is beautiful, Yoongi's heavy voice with the softer piano tiles and the beat which makes it all flow together. He's always been a big fan of the music Yoongi produces, he himself knows that too. It's in the fourth verse that the lyrics hit him, Yoongi's voice growing more emotional with each word he says. don't worry even if I leave, you'll do well on your own. The lyrics the older boy writes are always astonishing, so well written and always straight from his heart. And especially with this song, a song about the piano and about leaving, he can almost feel the story.

"It's beautiful Yoon" Jimin whispers after the song finishes and Yoongi smiles, thanking him. "It's called first love, I'm glad you like it" Yoongi says and Jimin takes off the headphones. "You should release it" Jimin mumbles as he stares at Yoongi his laptop, SoundCloud open to upload anything to. "I really should, right?" Yoongi answers, hands folded in front of his face and staring at the laptop like it might save him from something that Jimin isn't able to see. "Wanna do it together?" Jimin asks and Yoongi slowly nods, both staring at the laptop in front of them. After a few clicks and typing, the song is up and Jimin can practically see some of the pressure falling from Yoongi his shoulders after they're done and they face each other afterward, smiling brightly.

Jimin is more than proud of yoongi. Not only for releasing this song, but also for always putting all of his heart and hard effort in it. He knows music means the whole wide world to him, and he's happy to support him in every way he possibly is capable of. He rests his head on Yoongi's shoulder and closes his eyes, a sigh leaving his lips. 'I'm so proud of you, yoon. I bet Jin will be more than excited when he hears this. He might even cook one of his specialties just for you, hell, might even call the dish first love.'' He hears the older chuckle, shoulder's slowly moving up and down and his heads jolts along with the movements. ''You know, not everyone is supportive of people trying to start a music career, so thanks Jimin, really.'' He can hear the fondness and genuine in his voice, doesn't even need to look him in the eyes to know he's really thankful. ''We should probably celebrate this, Yoonie. What do you say about a very fancy lunch for 2? It's my treat.'' Yoongi nods, gets up from his chair immediately. ''Well, let's go then shall we?'' Their unique lunch ends up at their favorite small sushi restaurant down the street. It's not fancy, it never it, but it's all they could wish for.