Quattro

Yeonjun was desperate.

Desperate to get out of this state.

The light illuminating from the window isn't that bright to him anymore, messing up with his hope.

At first, it was his source of emotional strength to light up his life and soul.

Now it's just grey and little,

Nothing special.

A rainy day shot the town, as if the weather reflected his mood and condition.

As if it was crying alongside him, as if it expressed empathy towards the youthful but heavyhearted male,

As if they shared the same sorrow overwhelming them.

But that is child talk, they don't cry with you since they are just, water being evaporated and condensed.

If he was someone who can summon anything in the snap of his fingers, he would grant the commonsensical wishes of the world and to annihalate the problems down, just like today.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have the power to do so and his soul is stuck in an adolescent of the lowest class instead.

His tears couldn't stop flowing through his cheeks, trickling despondently because of the heartbreaking scene in front of him, sparking dolor among the household.

His mother held her husband's hand tightly, afraid that he'll let go of her upon taking his last breath.

She loves him dearly, and this greatly affected her emotions.

"Father, please," Yeonjun mumbled through the hands covering his mouth, afraid of his living being stopped.

The two family members are afraid,

Afraid of losing him in this Gehenna, this dystopia that has been dropping bricks and blocks signifying pressure on their backs.

His father had tears glistening his eyes as well, guilty of the pain he was bringing upon them. "I am sorry for the pain that I afflicted you."

The boy started crying harder, droplets catching up with the old ones quicker than before.

"It's not your fault, it's society's for not reaching a hand for you when we needed their help," his mother shakily assured him, thumb rubbing the pale skin covering his weak knuckles.

He looked at the both of them, standing while bluriness hastily clouded his eyes out of sadness and despondency.

He saw him closing his eyes, fingers not holding any longer with tears rushing down his wrinkly face, waiting to fall down and disappear.

Observing that his father's breathing began going uneasy, he uncovered his mouth, wiping stray tears from his cheeks.

"I love you, father. Thank you for trying your best for us."

But the thing is,

His father didn't hear it, unfortunately falling to his peaceful demise.

Bawls were heard inside, erupting from his mother whose heart is shattered from losing the love of her life, the one who joined her to start a family.

Maybe the grey clouds growling up above cried with him,

Since his mother once told him that sad events usually happen during rainy days.