Sei

Yeonjun walked through the filthy streets, feeling the cold breeze hit his susceptible skin, causing him to shiver.

He brought nothing with him, he couldn't control the emotions bottled up inside him since the ceasing of his dear father happened.

Why would the world take one of his loved ones away?

Why would they do such a thing?

Why so soon?

He couldn't stop the tears trickling down his fragile cheeks, smoothly breaking the unseen dam captivating his pupils.

His conjunctivae were bloodshot, lower eyelids puffed up and nose running from releasing his emotions out.

He looked so miserable that some people even took a glance of him, but nevertheless they passed by and continued to do their initial tasks.

Seeing a glorious river from afar, he walked towards it, putting his callous hands on his clothed biceps, with the right hand on the left biceps and vice versa.

Once stopping on his tracks, he sat on the rough surface of grass, bringing his knees to his chest, hugging them after. The moon's reflection and the waters shimmering because of the satellite's 'light' perhaps made him feel relaxed, but his emotions composed of despair and melancholia still thrived inside his heart, eating his optimism away.

Tears still filled his vision, causing him to whimper and break down to himself silently.

Clenching his teeth, he sobbed miserably. Losing a loved one really affected his emotional system, the sadness throwing rocks at it as if it was made of fragile glass that could break when being let go to fall on the ground.

It really hurts.

He understood that fate seems to be doing its thing.

That's how fate plays.

Out of sympathy, a man with a rather eccentric aura wrapping him approached the peasant male, kneeling beside him. "Are you feeling so doleful, I suppose?"

The younger male sharply turned his head, clearly startled by his presence.

"May I ask you, why would you bother to comfort one of the lower class? I don't have the money to benefit your needs, if you happened to approach me to rob me, and I don't have valuables with me, since I'm gratified with all I have right now."

The stranger furrowed his eyebrows, taken aback a little. Brushing what the boy said off, he shook his head.

"You look like someone who really needs emotional help, someone who's broken on the inside. You looked like you cried for days."

He was right, Yeonjun did cry during sleepless nights, not believing that his dear father's presence happened to cease. "I know. But I think that I don't really need your help."

The stranger sighed to himself, standing up and stared at Yeonjun, the person who felt comfortable with his ragged clothes covering him.

Then he walked away.

Yeonjun's gaze was fixed at the man who tried to help him, but it would feel like he owed him if he let him help him.

He realized that he'll fix this himself.