Ventidue

Soobin was exhilarated for the first time in his life.

After countless failed attempts, he has finally created a flower that didn't exist. His eyes sparkled, realizing it was too beautiful.

He could not run away from its spirit for much longer. The man finished putting the roots of the last flower in the soil, his heart beating rapidly from the effort that probably pushed him to keep going.

His mask was still on his face during night. It hid his features very well, providing two tiny holes for his dark brown irises to stun the watcher. People might think he was just being mysterious or he must be hiding his demonic nature.

He just didn't like to reveal his blemished face to other people.

"We are going to make you cease out of existence."

He was being hated by his 'new' family members because of his abhorrent face. They couldn't stop tormenting him just because he has a disgusting appearance. He kept crying every night because of it.

If a single wish of his becomes real, it would be the disappearance of the dreadful features.

He hated it.

He hated it so much it would make his tears trickle lifelessly, destroying his cold façade that could cause others to shake in pure vile. He hated it so much, he kept on praying it would change one day.

He hated it so much it burned his confidence, surrounding him with countless insults and possible consequences caused by that thing alone.

He didn't want people to see his weakness, the target of his raging arrow of hatred.

Especially the peasant.

"If you could, tell me his name."

Watering the newly born plants, he whispered. He wished to know the name of the peasant with the pale skin sticking on his muscles. He was always wearing those filthy, ragged clothes and a torn cloak to hide his individuality.

He looked like he had messy brown hair that hoped to hide his eyes.

But he saw them, anyway.

He felt the familiarity regarding those droopy eyes.

He was also tired, wasn't he?

He wished he could communicate with him and help him out. He wished he could show him his true nature.

But he couldn't.

All because of his face.

Yeonjun.

He didn't want Yeonjun to see his face.

He followed the pitiful peasant at times, and he couldn't confront him.

He couldn't confront him when he destroyed his garden for the first time.

He couldn't confront him when he saw the poor stranger selling those beautiful flowers.

He didn't want to confront Yeonjun just because he had this permanent curse.

A curse that could drive people insane.

He sat on his usual seat, watching as the new flowers celebrated their connection to nature. The night howled at them, holding them. Soobin was delighted and proud at what he made.

"Please make him happy."

Moments passed and his eyes started getting droopy. He endured the tiredness that was starting to grow inside him.

But there was no presence to greet it.

The flowers also wondered about the trespasser their master told them about.

Where's the peasant?