Ventitre

Soobin waited and waited, praying that the peasant will come and steal those without worrying about him.

His attention then shifted to the flowers. They readily extended their arms, signifying that they are ready to die for the peasant.

After all, the masked man made them for Yeonjun.

So he can show the world a brand new flower.

So he can proudly sell them for a huge amount of money.

So he can live a quiet life.

So he can be finally happy.

Soobin wanted Yeonjun to be happy.

The moon was lost from his sight as the stars twinkled above his wondering head. It started to really get uncomfortably unusual, even with his friends swaying to the rhythm of the wind.

What seemed to be the prime cause of it?

He stood up, looking at the village sitting on the horizon. It seemed to be like everyone living there was sleeping.

There was no sign of the peasant in his residence.

His presence was missing.

There was no sign of his ragged clothes.

There was no sign of his tired eyes.

There was no sign of his determined heart.

He didn't approach the castle and do such things to try to earn a new life.

It seemed like his zeal was drifting away, like mere specks of dust.

From the moment he regretted assuming about the peasant, he observed his every move so much that he started to realize it.

The way he would jump over the fence ends with a light thud, and then picking noises scatter. It didn't seem like there was a pattern in his way of stealing flowers.

Then he would escape by jumping over the fence again, leading him to the village. Running to the end of the horizon, he would start to sell them.

But a few days changed for Soobin. A few days were enough for his curiosity to shake uncontrollably.

He started missing the poor stranger.

He still didn't appear in front of the castle. His helpless presence was nowhere in sight.

Was there a problem in his household?

Soobin kept wondering during those sleepless nights, thinking about the whereabouts of Yeonjun.

He started to go deeper.

Deeper into his fondness that looked like it had no end.

Was it fondness or something else?

He grabbed the basket that was just sitting on his table before getting outside. Without a doubt, he accumulated those new flowers that were blooming in his garden and put them there.

If Yeonjun isn't going to steal some plant, he's the one that was going to go there.

The mask was always fixed in his face, having no intention to let go.

It stayed with him on his conquest to see the peasant.