Fourteen

Jungkook was on my mind the rest of the day, and the day after that. I couldn't wait to get back and sing, maybe even write songs together. But a text from him shook me out of my daydream.

Hey Tae, I was talking to Luna this morning and she told me she still needs a study partner for this course she is taking. I gave her your number. Don't be nervous, I think you're ready for this!

Luna, wow, she had disappeared completely from my thoughts the last two weeks. Now I thought of it, I hadn't seen her in class for a while either. I wonder why she would need a study partner, she was one of the smartest people in my major.

My phone vibrated again and I assumed it was Hoseok who I was supposed to meet 10 minutes ago, but it was an unknown number. Oh fuck, Luna. My breath quickened and I felt myself burning up.

Jungkook had said I was ready, and reading that I believed him, but I didn't feel as confident right now. For a moment I wished he was here with me, but then I realised how stupid that was. So I just opened the text without thinking about it any further.

Hello, I got your number from Jungkook. He told me you were in my cognitive psychology class and that you're a pretty good teacher. So I was wondering if  you could help me out. I have been missing a couple of classes and I need some help catching up. Let me know what day works for you. xo Luna

"xo Luna" I was staring at those couple letters and wondered how two letters could make my stomach go crazy like that. Get a grip Taehyung. I couldn't quite wrap my head around the idea that I would be hanging out with Luna, alone. It seemed like something out of a dream, I had been wanting this for so long and now it was happening.

Thinking about how Jungkook and I completely went out of our comfort zone, singing with someone else around for the first time, I felt invincible. With that in mind I just started typing.

Hi Luna, I'm glad Jungkook gave you my number. I would love to help you out! I can do any day but Tuesday, so you say when suits you best. X Taehyung.

Sent. Oh god, I just sent x Taehyung. I'm not that confident, not at all. After the initial shock died down a little I actually felt kind of proud. I wanted to go tell Jungkook but something held me back. It somehow felt weird telling him, even though that was why we had become 'friends' in the first place.

A hand on my should shook me out of my thoughts. I turned around to see Hoseok's sweaty face. He had the bad habit of always being late.

"Hey man, sorry I kept you waiting, but I ran into Namjoon and Seokjin on my way over here. They asked me if we could hang out later today. Do you want to go?"

The stream of words poured out of Hoseok's mouth effortlessly, even though he was still panting slightly from running. It was Saturday today and most of the time Hoseok and I hung out together, but I hadn't spent much time with Namjoon yet since he arrived here which made me feel a little guilty.

"Yeah sure, what did they have in mind?"

"They were heading to some kind of bar, I've never been there but Namjoon really wanted to go check it out or something."

Hoseok shrugged his shoulders and looked at me apologetically. He was used to apologizing to me whenever there was a vague plan. I used to hate not knowing what the plan was exactly. I always wanted to envision where we were going and what might happen, so I wouldn't be caught by surprise, by you know anything really.

"Cool, at what time are we meeting them?"

Hoseok looked at me puzzled. I hadn't much been hanging out with him either, it had basically been Jungkook or my bedroom. Although Hoseok looked like he was dying to ask me about my new attitude he didn't say a thing.