Chapter 7

30 minutes had gone by now. I was seated down on the edge of my bed putting my silver heels on, although I'm not pretty convincing I will be able to make it with these things. I imagined myself walking across the stage and falling. I laughed at the thought, but no way in hell I'm letting that happen. I stood up fixing my dress and grabbed a pair of white dull flats from the closet. They're sort of old and need to be cleaned. I hope my dress is long enough to cover them whenever I'm wearing them. I placed them inside my casual petite bland purse. My midnight blue gown and cap was just laying down on my bed. I had bought it a week ago from a girl who sold it at school. I would be required to wear this gown and cap to the ceremony. I went to the bathroom and sprayed some perfume I had.

"You ready now? We have been waiting for you." Jake came in wearing a black dress shirt with a purple tie that matched my dress and his usual black skinny jeans.

"We?" I looked at him in confusion.

"Yeah, I invited Alex to come. It's not going to be a problem right?"

"No, not at all" I took one last glance at my reflection in the bathroom mirror and grabbed my gown and cap from the bed. My dress was a little tight from the hips and the heels made an awful noise as they touched the concrete floor.

"You look nice Alison" Alex was standing in the doorway with his hands inside his pockets as I walked into the living room.

"Thank you" I glanced a smile. I scanned around the living room and down to the kitchen to see if any other of Jake's friends were also present.

"Ok, let's go" Jake grabbed his keys from the hanger next to the door and we all exited out the door.

"Are you excited your graduating today?" Alex opened the front door for me.

"Thanks. Yes I kind of am"

Kind of? Who am I kidding? Now that I think about it I certainly am. I'm getting my high school diploma today. How can I not at least be a little bit enlivened about it?

I climbed in the passenger seat and buckled on the seat belt. Jake's usual country station was on. I pulled out my phone to check the time.

9:41a.m

We'll make it in time. My head smoothly relaxed into the seat of the car as we drove out the driveway and on our way to the ceremony.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

The building was really huge. It was formed in a annulus shaped. Parents were seated up around the top stairs. The midpoint was filled with approximately about 200 chairs. Some students were already seated in the chairs.

The large platform took out most of the entire space. There were some teachers chatting and laughing on it. Everyone that passed by me smelled so good and they looked really astonishing. Seems like everyone here is in a good mood today.

"Alison!" Jasmine called as she made her way through the mob.

"Hey" she pulled me into a hug.

"Hey"I hugged her.

"I'm so glad I found you, I have been lost." She rested her arm in my shoulder.

"Who's this?" she glanced over to where Jake and Alex were standing.

"Hi I'm Jake, Alison's brother and this is my friend Alex" they both extended their hands to her.

"Nice to meet you guys" she greeted both of them.

"Yeah, you too" Jake replied.

We all stood there awkwardly staring at one another.

"Well we'll gonna go find ourselves a seat before they are all full. If u need anything just call or text me" he planted a kiss in my forehead before he vanished.