Chapter 12

After walking around in circles around the block, we headed home.

Jake was still outside working with Owen's car. His big aged black bag that used to belong to my dad was present along with all the tools spread around on the floor.

"Still not done?" I walked over next to him.

"Almost" he wiped his sweaty forehead with a white filthy cloth.

I watched as he twisted some particles of the car getting his hands dirty with the oil.

"I'll bring you some water" I headed inside.

Sometimes, I see my dad in Jake. Always Working his ass off. Rarely taking a break. I remember those times when he came home late from work tired and exhausted. His face always lit up at the sight of seeing fresh homemade cooking on the table. I helped my mum with the cooking while Jake set the table.

We weren't exactly the perfect family everyone taught we where. Most often my dad and mum would argue and scream at each other at night thinking the walls were thick enough. They thought we never listened.

Opening the fridge door I grabbed out two ozarka bottle waters from the 3 left.

Owen was helping my brother out. I walked over to them.

"Thanks" they both said as I handed them the water.

I exited back inside to my room. There's actually nothing good to do. Turning on the TV from my room, I watched an episode of The vampire diaries.

So far this vacation has sucked. There's nothing exciting or fun going on. Maybe I should look for a job right now?

Yeah I'm gonna do that right now.

Getting of my bed I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed some newspapers that were laying on the counter. I went back to my room to grab a pen.

Sitting down on the edged of the bed I scanned down the newspaper searching for Jobs needed. So far McDonnald's, Red Robin, subway,Target, and Sally's are available.

Now the question is how am I gonna get there? The address is clearly stated right there.

This is my first time looking for a job. But I also need the money to help out.

My Mum, Dad, and now Jake had saved tons of cash so I can be able to afford college, that's if I go.

Honestly, I don't really want to go, but then again Jake wants me to so I can have a better future. To me it looks pretty hard and exhausting in my point of view. But maybe I just don't know anything.

"Hey your brother was calling you" Owen stands by the door.

I thought he already left. What is taking my brother so long to fix his car.

"Okay. Thanks" placing the newspaper and pen at the side of my bed I walked passed him and outside.

"Yeah?" I stand next to him.

"I need you to run to the store at the corner and buy me cutting pliers" he handed me 15$.

"Can I use my new car?" I asked taking the money from his hand placing it in my front pocket. I'm so anxious to drive that flawless car.

"No, go walking. I don't want nothing to happen to you while driving. Take Owen with you." He demanded

"No I'll go alone"

"It's just 5 minutes away from here anyways" I turn around and walked down the sidewalk. I don't know why my brother doesn't trust me well enough. I mean like I know he's over protected, but sometimes I don't like it when he tells me most of the time what to do and what not to do.

Passing by Mitchell's house I caught him outside of his porch reading a book. The last time I seen him was 4 days ago when I had promised him I was gonna talk to him after school and I never did. I didn't even see him on graduation. What a friend huh?

"Hey Mitchell" I shouted from a distanced.

His eyes flew immediately toward me.

"Alison, you scared me." He closed his book and stood up from the bottom stairs of his house he was sitting on.

"I saw when you crossed the stage at graduation and after. I called you but i think you didn't hear me." he approached me.

"You did? I didn't see you" I feel ashamed now.

"Well congrats anyways" he pulled me into an unexpected hug.

"Yeah, you too." I padded his back.

"So were you headed?" He let go of me.

"To the store right here to buy something for my brother"

"I'll go with you." He started walking.

"No I'll go alone"

"I'll see you later" I said before Mitchell could say anything. I turn my head around and waved goodbye.

I pulled open the store causing it to make a ding sound.

"Hello" some lady at the register greeted.

"Hi" I responded.

Walking at the back of the store I searched for the cutting pliers.

"9.57$" for each.

I grabbed one of those things and also grabbed a honeybun on my way by. I formed a line behind a tall guy with a gray hoodie.

"Next!" The lady at the register shouted as if there was a lot of people in here.

I set the stuff on the counter. Pulling out the money and unfolding it.

"11.27$" she said as she finished scanning the prices and placing it on a plastic white bag. I handed her the money. She snatched it pulling open the cashier.

"Thank you" she handed me the receipt along with the change. I them both inside the bag and exited out of the store.

I took out the honeybun out from the bag and made my way back home.

______________________________

I apologize for the loooooooong update I've been busy lately..also I'm working on a video trailer for this story :)