Chapter 13

A week later had passed by...

Jake and I had agreed to go on a trip to Miami. Owen brought up the idea of going over there. It took a bit of persuading and convincing Jake to ask his manager for a vacation of two weeks.

Placing in the last piece of folded clothing which was my gray T-shirt I zipped it closed. The ripped off white yarn stuck out from the side of the navy blue suitcase making easy to tell. Well it was my parents suitcases it has to be at least dusty.

I didn't carry that enough luggage on me. I'm not that type of girl who carry's the whole house with her. I don't think it is even necessary to have that many suitcases and bags on someone. Some girls even carry a huge suitcase that contains only makeup on it. Yeah I do wear makeup too, but rarely and still don't get the point of wearing it. Well I don't have that much anyways so what else could I say.

Carrying the suitcase from my bed down to the the floor I pulled the handler up and rolled with it out of the room.

"Jake?" I knocked lightly on the bathroom door.

"Are you almost done?" I asked

"Yeah just give me a second" he responded from the other side.

I walked to the living room and sat down the couch. It only took a few minutes till Owen knocked on the door.

"Hi" I greeted him as I opened the door.

"Hey are you ready?" He anxiously said

"Not quite, Jake's still in the shower but he's almost done" I notified him.

"Alright then I'll guess I'll just wait " he walked inside.

"I hope you don't mind if my cousin accompanies us" he sat down on the previous couch I was seated on.

"Oh no, no at all" I shut the door.

"Okay good" He let out a relieved breath.

"Is he waiting for you in the car?" I curiously asked.

"Nope. He's actually in Miami already. I offered him a ride with us but he didn't accept and went ahead. He's that type of person who likes to ride alone you know." His eyes darted down my suitcase. His expression on his face made it looked like this cousin of his disliked him.

"Mmm unfortunate, I would've liked to meet him but I'll guess I'll just have to wait till we get to Miami" I glanced a smile.

"Well good thing is he got us all a room in a nice hotel."

"Owen your here early bro. Ali why didn't you tell me anything" Jake came in dragging two suitcases and a black traveling backpack on his left shoulder. Speaking of the Drama Queen As I had said earlier, no need to bring the whole house.

"Why aren't u bringing anymore stuff with you? It's a 32hour drive." Jake stated it so obvious.

"32?" I always thought it was like a 12 or 14 hour drive only.

"Your in a different kind of world aren't you?" Owen chuckled.

"Well I don't need that much anyways"

"I'll bring you a blanket just in case y'all go ahead and get in the car." Jake hustled toward my room.

Gosh why is he so overprotective. Owen grabbed Jakes luggage. I opened the door for him. Following behind him with my suitcase to his car. It was dark outside.

He took out his car keys and pressed the back trunk button causing it to open. I stared at my car in awe knowing that I never got the chance to test it.

"We will arrive on Friday at noon which is the next day after tomorrow" he informed me as he finished putting inside Jake's luggage.

"Yes I know" I carried my heavy bag up.

"Let me help you" he took the suitcase from my hands and placed it in the trunk.

"Thanks"

I hopped in the back of the seat. Jake and Owen sat at the front.

I pulled out my phone from my front pocket to check the time.

6:13p.m.

I turned it off and watched out from the window as we pulled out the drive thru.

"Ali are you hungry?" Jake asked a few moments later

"Nope" I respond.

"What bout you?" I heard Jake ask Owen.

"Nahh and you?"

"No"

Later on Owen and Jake started chatting about some latest TV shows. Wait, but Owen? Didn't he had told me a week ago he doesn't watch TV?

I rested my elbow by the door handle watching the moving trees. It had gotten dark know and I was beginning to get a little tired. Taking my shoes off I placed both of my feet up to the seat. A yawned escaped my mouth and the next thing I knew I had my eyes shut.

This is going to be a long drive.