Chapter 8

What is he doing here? Did my brother invited him too. I thought it was only Alex who came along to the ceremony. He looked at me like he wasn't expecting me to see me here.

He quickly tilted his head to another direction avoiding mine.

"And now, I would like to present to you this three honorable students who are here to share to you their speeches" the principal moved backwards so the students could make their way towards the spotlight.

"Ahem" Thomas, one of the advance students in school cleared his throat while looking down at his paper.

"Take action. Every story you've ever connected with, every leader you've ever admired, every puny little thing that you've ever accomplished is the result of taking control of everything you have ever wished for. You have a choice. A choice where you can either be a passive victim of a circumstance or you can be the active hero of your own life. So which one are you?"

The crowd cheered as he finished. He passed on the microphone to a girl and took his seat next to the principal.

The next student was a girl named Hailey.

I actually had Hailey for a class. She used to be that type of girl who liked to skip and hardly do any work. She changed a lot this couple of months. I have no clue who or what made her changed her attitude but I'm proud for her.

"You can Google for an answer. You can Google for a mate. You can Google for a career. You can google for mostly everything. But you can't Google to find what's in your heart, the passion that lifts you skyward. You never know what is around the corner unless you peek... Take your risks now."

Have to admit this poems or speeches are really good.

I watched as Hailey grabbed her paper and gave the next guy the microphone. She took her seat next to Thomas and then came a guy named Louis.

I barely knew Louis. Mitchell's used to be best friends him.

He adjusted the microphone on his hand and started speaking.

" In life people often make mistakes. Mistakes that would make you feel worthless. Mistakes that would mark you. But from those mistake you will learn a lesson. A lesson that will prepare you for the real world. There's no reason why you should give up on your dream. Your not useless, you matter to so many. Have the courage to accept that you're not perfect, nothing is, and everyone seated in here right now or any were else isn't. Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped inside a helpless box which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. Your future is in your hands. You decided what to do with it."

I clapped my hands joining everyone else.

"Thank you" he smiled towards the audience.

"Well that was very inspirational, wasn't it?" Ms. Ahmad, a teacher I had for my biology class in my freshman year came up and took the microphone from Louis.

I turned my head to the side. Jake and Alex where still in the same spot. Alex was in his phone while Jake's attention was focused on the first rows. I wondered my head over to see who he was gazing at so much.

Oh. Of course, Megan is in the top row.

I couldn't help but turn to where Justin was at. An elderly woman had replaced his seat. I looked around the area he was, to see if he had switched places.

Where is he at? Did he just leave?

"Could the first two rows please stand up" I heard Ms.Ahmad waved her arms towards the front.

Ms.Ahmad is a very gorgeous lady. She's in her 30's but her looks make her look younger.

The two rows in front did as what they were told and stood up forming a straight line. All of them wearing their caps and blue gowns. Megan was in the second row.

"Shailey Amber" she called out the first name. A girl pulling up her dress along with her gown walked on stage. She hugged Ms.Ahmad, shake hands with the principal and grabbed her diploma from another teacher.

I watched in weariness as the rest of the students walked across the radiant dais. I applaud for every named called along with everyone.

Time passed by...

They called the 3rd and 4th row, which went off by quickly, then the 5th and 6th.

Then finally the two last one i was seated at.

The 7th and the 8th...

We all stood up and made our way towards the center. The back of my palms started sweating as we got closer to the platform. I looked up around me where numerous of people where observing all of us. I was probably the 10th person out of the 16th who was in line.

"Jason Ryann" the first name out of the last row was called.

I peeked my head to the side to have a better look at what exactly to do while going up there.

Anxiety grew over me as I watch as the short line increase.

My brother showed up two thumbs up assuring that everything would go well as I glanced at him.

But what if it doesn't?

What if when I'm walking up there I accidentally step on my dress and fall, or what if one of my heels twists to the side and rips. Is that even possible?

Gosh I feel like a child right now.

I thought about taking my flats out of my purse, but that would just be embarrassing changing my shoes here, in front of everyone.

Before I knew it there where three people left till It was my turn.

"George Salinas"

2...

"Brianna Salazar"

1...

"Jocelyn Villegas"

I stood there impatiently waiting for my name to be called so I can get this over with.

"Alison Westley"

I let my foot go from the last top of the stair I was on. I could feel the sweat running all over my body. Shaking, I managed to walk normally. I hugged Ms.Ahmad, and shook hands with the principal who stood there proudly.

I quickly hurried myself off the stage. I wiped my forehead in relieve as I started making my way to my seat.

Well that wasn't that hard.

"Alison Westley" I heard Ms.Ahmad say trough the microphone.

Now what.

"You forgot your diploma" she said it loud and clear.

You have got to be joking.

I hustled towards the stage where a teacher was holding a lack of folders in her hands.

"Congratulations" she handed me the blue folder

"Thanks" I said.

I turn to the audience where I saw all eyes on me. And just when everything was going all right this happens. I could already feel my cheeks sanguine from all the embarrassment.

I took my seat pretending like nothing had happened.

Jake was laughing along with Alex as I watched them. Well it was a bit funny.

I opened the blue folder I was given. My diploma, following some papers behind where inside.

"So you forgot your diploma?" the girl that was seated next to me laughed.

"Well basically" I laughed along with her.

I took my heels out from my worn out feet. I felt a slightly relaxation on my feet with the flats on. I placed the heels to the side under the chair.

I fixed my hair and watched the remaining students.

_______________________________________

I have an obsession over honey buns, js....lol

Vote/Comment