Chapter 7

Third person POV

"They're... gone?"

The words that rolled out of Gon's mouth left him in a blank state of mind. It was as if it was still hard for him to process everything that had transpired a mere second ago. It was either he was too shocked to comprehend Rin's disappearance or that his brain was too fried up from the whole fight with puppet Uvogin before.

Either way, his eyes never left the spot where Rin had vanished with that unknown man.

When his realization finally kicked in, Gon darted his eyes around in search of for the missing girl. At the same time, he tried sniffing around for Rin's scent but it was as if she just disappeared into thin air. There's no trail of her scent whatsoever.

"It's useless, you won't be able to track them, not when he uses instant transmission. They could be anywhere for all we know." Nobunaga said as he crouched down to the ground to retrieve Uvogin's eyes.

Gon could only stare at the man in silence. The confusion was crystal clear on his face and he was eager to know the man's relationship with Rin. After all, Rin's sudden change of behavior wasn't left unnoticed by him the moment that mysterious guy showed up.

"You seem to know that guy... Who's he? Why did he take Rin?"

Nobunaga eyed the curious boy from the corner of his eyes. But as he tried to answer his question Killua already beat him to it.

"He's--"

"Rin's father..."

His voice was low as if it was a soft whisper that escaped his mouth.

"Eh?"

"He's Rin's father..." Killua said louder as his eyes trembled in fear, "He's still alive...?"

If Gon thought that Rin's behavior was weird before, Killua's behavior would be mystifying. If words can describe the look on the white-haired boy's face, then, one might say that he just encountered a ghost from the past.

Before the poor kid could even have another series of a panic attack, Nobunaga corrected his thought.

"That's just his puppet. That bastard Omokage dug out Uvo's body and stole his eyes and he even made a copy of that damn bastard! Of all people, it just had to be him." He cursed underneath his breath.

"It's not over yet. Let's go." Machi noted as she already had her back facing them.

"Yeah."

Nobunaga stood from the ground and began turning his back on the two boys but not before leaving them with a piece of 'advice'.

"Looks like you guys will be after Omokage, but don't get in our way too much. The Spider cleans up after its own mess."

With that, they hop on the building leaving the boys to ponder about everything that happened.

****************************

Gon was left to stare at the disappearance back of the two Troupe members before returning his attention to his somewhat petrified friend.

"Killua, do you think Rin's--"

"Omokage."

"Huh?"

"If he's one of Omokage's puppet, then Rin must be where Omokage is."

This time, it was as if Killua was forcing every ounce of brain cells in his brilliant head to analyze every bit of information on the situation. However, one thing's for certain. He was desperate. He was desperate for answers that he couldn't even think rationally.