Chapter 8

Third person POV

Ivy and ferns grew through the crevices of the old winding stone path which led directly to the colossal structure. Upon the hill, an old mansion loomed proudly behind creaky iron gates.

"Right over there." Retz pointed.

"I see, that place does look fishy," Killua said the moment he took a look at the eerie structure.

"Yeah." Gon nodded before setting his gaze towards the outstretched scenery beyond them. "The view from here also matches what Kurapika saw."

Rows of tombstones stood erect in silence to the left and right, in front and behind, like a sea of the dead. Some were crumbled with the weathering of centuries. Most though were overgrown and unkempt.

Knowing that they were already in the right place, Gon turned to face Retz with a smile.

"Retz, thanks a lot! You can go back now."

"What?! But we've already come this far! I'll go too!" Retz insisted.

Hearing that, Killua scoffed as he rolled his eyes with his arms crossed. "No. To be honest, you'll just drag us down."

"What?! I didn't bring you guys all the way here for nothing!"

Clenching her fist and gritting her teeth, she was ready to give the white-haired boy a piece of her mind. However, Gon managed to beat her to it as he placed his hands on her shoulders.

 However, Gon managed to beat her to it as he placed his hands on her shoulders

"Retz, he didn't mean for it to sound that way. We just don't want you to get hurt. Okay?" Gon reassured with a smile.

Staring into his bright eyes, Retz couldn't help the blush creeping on her face. His smile was one of happiness growing, much as a spring flower opens. She could see how it came from deep inside to light his eyes and spread into every part of him. It was simply enchanting.

"Fine..." She averted her gaze. As if Gon smile had a certain magical property to disintegrate every negative emotion, Retz was filled with a pleasant warm feeling in her chest that she even forgot about her building anger towards the white-haired boy.