~5~

Todoroki P.O.V.
I walked out of the school to go on the path to the dorms. I had to grab a couple things before I went to see my mom. I walked into the hang out area, and no one was there. Pretty normal for a Friday evening. I headed to my room and picked up the flower I had bought for my mom it was still alive and the purple was super bright. Why her? Such a sweet person. She doesn't deserve what she got....

-flashback-
I was sitting in my room playing with my stuffed animals. The yelling started again. I usually just ignore it but this time I needed to be able to leave if I needed to. I'm glad I wasn't in the same room as them....as him.
"For the last time endeavor, he's only A little boy!" She was scolding him again.
"No, he's my prodigy! He needs to learn what he needs to become." He yelled
I heard footsteps to my room, he was gonna do it again.....
I ran into my closet and hid with my clothes hanging from the top rack.
I could see my dads face peek in.
"Shoto! Stop hiding." Now I really knew he was gonna do it. It's always happens again. Again. Again. Again. Can it stop? Just once, can I have a dad who loves me? Can I have a dad who will take me to go do things and for him to put me on his shoulders? Like the kids on tv the ones who are happy.
He walked in and quickly scanned the room but he knew where I was. Next time I should change the spot. He immediately went to the closet. I knew it was coming I didn't flinch. I didn't flinch when he grabbed me from my wrist and broke it. I didn't flinch when he dragged me to my mom. I didn't flinch when he punched me in the stomach I didn't flinch when he gave me a bruise. I didn't flinch when he threw me on the ground. I stayed there unflinching on the cold ground feeling useless like always. My mother picked me up and held me she was crying and touching my face. I'll I could make our was "are you okay?" No, mom I'm not. It's what I wish I could say.
But I knew what would come if she held me...and she did.....she made that mistake. That normal action of a mother comforting her beat up son was....wrong.
"ENDEAVOR! PLEASE STOP....please.....please." She kept crying. Stop mom, mom please. She knew what was coming. He was gonna do it again.
"Rei! What did I say!" He was screaming now. I felt like I was gonna drift asleep.
"Not...not....I CAN'T I LOVE HIM, HE'S MY SON I COULDN'T JUST STAND THERE AND LET HIM BE HIT....BY HIS OWN FATHER!" She had lost it. But I knew what was coming, and it was coming soon.
"Rei." He was too calm...
"Get up." I looked up I could see my moms face.
She knew it was coming too.
"N-o." I whispered.
She held my hand and got up.
"Y-yes?" She was shaking
He hit her twice.
Once in the stomach and once on the face. And now she was next to me again. I was used to it by now, again and again and again. I looked up as I knew he would pick me up, I knew there would be more pain to come. I knew he would make me sick for the hundredth time. And I knew the cycle would start again. I looked up on the counter and a purple flower sat there. Alone. Funny I thought, my mom loves purple flowers.