~17~

-Fifteen day time skip-

Todoroki P.O.V.
"Are you sure?" I hesitated as Dabi extended a arm to the door.
"Yeah...if we want justice for mom it's.....the only way." It had been a few weeks sense I found out about Dabi.
He told me everything that happened that night. The night my mom was killed....
The funeral was planned for later next week but I had took the dumb idea to have Dabi sent back home with me.

He was so sad, and lonely. He had no friends and our family disowned him....well besides me I guess....now.

"You really think going through dad's stuff is a good idea?" I sighed looking around the corner to see if he was around.

"Yes Shoto, why do you care about our dumb dad anyway." He shoved me a bit making me stumble while he laughed at me.

"Hey that wasn't funny!" I yelled.

He started to laugh more
"I knew I'd be able to bring our your funny side." He looked at me strangely.

Right, he definitely brought my "funny side out"

"Okay pick the lock, I don't want anyone else waking up." I took another worried glance around the corner.

"Dude, stop looking for him nothing's gonna happen-"

"I'm scared of him
Dabi..." he stopped fidgeting with the lock and looked at me.

"You don't think I am..?" he took a deep breath and kept fiddling with the lock.

It clicked open.
"Ah yes! I told you I could do it....and you doubted me." He said in a snobby remark.
I rolled my eyes.

We walked in....we both stopped and were scared of what we saw.

His room was a complete mess....trash was thrown everywhere and only a small corner of the room was neat. Me and Dabi looked at each other walking in to the dark room. Sitting down at the desk I rummaged through many papers. Dabi walked over to a small corner throwing papers everywhere.

"Nope. Na da. Not of use. Doesn't matter." A paper flew and hit the back of my head.
I turned around to see a laughing Dabi.

"I told you to be quiet!" I whisper yelled.
"I'm just trying to have fun..." He laughed it off and turned back around.
Nothing we could find could do us any good and at this point I was just worried we were gonna wake everyone up.

"Well did mom maybe email him it?" Dabi stood up and stopped going through all the papers on the ground.
"He might have." He put a finger to his mouth questioning the possibility.

I clicked open the computer which had no password.....good going dad.
The screen pulled up to a website about U.A. and All might.

Not surprising.

I closed it opening the email window, nothing came up.

Also not surprising.

"Maybe he got rid of it..?" Dabi looked at it strangely.

"Wait, wait! Go back" Dabi insisted on going to a strange hidden email I had looked at...but I thought it was junk.

And then it popped up.

The paper we were looking for.

Me and Dabi read it in sadness.

It was a divorce paper.....it was so sad and hard for me to read.

"That's why....that's why he killed her?" I looked down at the bandages still on Dabi's hands....from the extra burns my dad had left.
"I'm sending this to myself and then we're out of here." Dabi got up and I closed the computer down. We stepped out to the opening and walked down the hallway.
"We're gonna get her justice...." I got so happy that my mom and all of us would be at peace soon.

"And what did you guys think you were doing in there...." I voice from behind us made us jump.

We turned around slowly and saw the person we didn't want to see....