~12~

Todoroki P.O.V.
I ended up being brought back to my house, my sister was waiting for me. But her usual happy self was gone. I walked up the gravel path to see my sister up close, she had water trailing the inside of her eyes. She pulled me in close hugging me starting to cry.

I felt so bad for her she had done everything for our family ever since mom had gone to the hospital.

It was around six pm, Fuyumi was making dinner while I sat in my room. Oddly my dad wasn't around....

We sat awkwardly at the dinner table that night. No one talked and silence of the mourning took over. It was a quiet evening that night I hadn't been happy for days. I couldn't sleep and honestly I didn't know why. I got up and walked down the hallway to my mothers room I touched the cold door, it almost felt too cold. I opened it, the door creaked open slowly. Nothing much was here and that wasn't too surprising. But I was only looking for one thing my mother hid a long time ago. I opened up the mass closet to find nothing. But I knew where the hiding spot was, I pulled the small string hanging at the bottom of the closet. It opened a small compartment in the wall that you would have never seen unless you knew about the string. There were a few keepsakes but my eyes were locked on the small box. I took the small wooden box and closed her room up. Sitting on my bed, I carefully opened it finding photos, letters, and old kids drawings. I took them all out and looked at them one by one. The first was of me and Fuyumi and the second was Fuyumi smiling holding the camera in a shot with her and my mom smiling. I found old kids drawings full of scribbled crayons and markers. None of which were mine. The letter that was sitting at the bottom of the box was strange. It was tucked in a white envelope and there was no address on the front. I opened the letter and started to read.

Dear Touya,
Unfortunately things have gotten worse. Terrible in fact and I can't take it anymore. Your father has took Shoto to train even more and enroll in U.A. I'm not even sure who I am anymore and I miss you everyday. Your siblings miss you too, even if they don't act like it. It's so hard to get this letter to you and writing back and fourth has been getting even trickier. I understand why you left, but turning over to the villains isn't the way to go. I understand you hate hero's and want nothing to do with them...but please could you come home? I want you to meet Shoto and get to know him better. He actually reminds me of you quite a bit. He needs you right now....I need you right now....and I haven't been doing well. I can't take the abuse anymore, and yes it's still happening. I know I've never been a good mother but if I could see you just one last time....please consider and write to me as soon as you can.
Sincerely,
Rei Todoroki (your mother)
The words on the letter shocked me to a whole new level.
My brother is a villian? Or was one?
I had so many dead ends and questions that most likely would never be answered. The envelope gave off a shininess...something else was in the envelope. I pulled it out and my heart sank. It was a photo of me and my mom, one she said she had lost all those years ago. But here it was in my hand. I couldn't take it anymore. I slammed the box and put all the notes away. I started to cry and I opened my phone I called the only person who would answer let alone answer at this time in the night.

"Todoroki? What wrong..."