~13~

Midoriya P.O.V.
Burr....Burr....
My phone was going off and it kept ringing. I turned over to see the bright screen lighting up showing todoroki's name. I sat up quickly, I knew something wasn't right. Todoroki had left the dorms for about a week now and he had been gone with no notice. Classes had been boring and I missed him so much.

"Todoroki? What's wrong..." I said into the phone. I heard crying at the other end, now I definitely knew something was wrong.
"I...Midoriya I found my mother's old secret box..." he paused crying again.

"It has a strange letter...and I can't take looking at these things and not being able to get answers."  I didn't say anything being confused.

"What do you mean you'll never get answers your mother and you are so clo-" I was caught off.

"My mother is dead." The weariness in his voice made me tear up.

"Todoroki....I'm so sorry." I covered my mouth on the verge of crying.
"Thank you...I'm sorry for calling at this time of night but I can't handle this I need someone to be there for me and I need help figuring this all out." He cried again this time worse than before.
"I'll always be here for you." I said confidently. He stopped crying and continued the conversation.
"Can you come here tomorrow, I need help sorting this out." He waited for a answer.
"Of course I can." I said warmly.
"Thank you so much Midoriya..."
I turned the phone off and laid down looking up at the dull ceiling. How could she be dead.... Todoroki wasn't okay. And why hadn't he told me if he was hurting so bad?
I laid there my eyes drifting back to sleep but all that filled my head was todoroki and what I would find tomorrow.

Todoroki P.O.V.
I didn't know what to think when I dropped the phone. I put the box under my bed and decided to wait for Midoriya tomorrow. I laid down in tears drifting to a sad deep sleep.

I woke up to a rapid knocking at my door. I got up stumbling on the wall feeling my eyelids heavy. I must have slept for a long time... I unlatched the door and saw the police standing there.
"Yeah..?" I said half groggy.
"We've made a discovery about the incident.." they looked down uncomfortably.
"What what is it." I suddenly was super awake I needed to know.

"We found a strange note in her house."

"What?" I questioned.

"The villian that attacked her was looking for you..." I had no words.

My mother had died for me...?