3.

A/n: To all my readers, thank you very much for reading! :)

...

Two days after Arima Takahiko called his ex- wife on the phone to visit their son, he chose to visit her in the hospital. He brought her flowers and fruits in which Saki gleefully accepted.

"How's our son, Taka?" she asked him. Her blue eyes were deep in her sockets and she had become so thin now. "Is he fine without me?"

"Seeing your condition, I understand why you don't want our son to see you. How can I keep him away from you? You were his life, Saki. He's mostly fine when he goes to school. It's the only place where he forgets that his mother isn't anywhere near him. It looked like he began to teach himself to stay vigilant and get used without you with him," he answered her. "Even so, when he doesn't know what to do, he still cries over me how he wants to be with you. He wants to go here after I explained to him that you're seriously sick."

Arima Saki closed her eyes and cried painfully as she listen to her ex- husband. "My father wanted to bring me in the United States to search for better treatment but my condition is severe. He consulted to so many doctors and spent so much money that I had to stop him before our company goes bankrupt. Can you at least manage it for us? Take it with you, Takahiko! Please. I am its last heir but due to my condition, I am not suitable to have it."

"This is for Kousei, too. Correct? He has your blood. You want me to buy your law firm and manage it? I'm not a lawyer, Saki. You are a lawyer and a pianist," Takahiko replied back to her.

"Yes. I'm a lawyer. That's why I had to do one last thing for him," she said as she broke on tears on her bed. She handed him a white envelope while she's painfully crying. "Let him see me tomorrow. I've got to say goodbye to my dear son after all. Give him my letter when he's ready, okay?"

"Please don't say that, Saki. I want to marry you again after you're all better," Takahiko told her.

"Find another woman who can take care of our son, Takahiko. I hope you would be able to find that woman," cried Saki. "I can't always be with him to support him. I want him to play the piano without a tear on his face but a huge smile instead."

Their conversation only ended when two female nurses entered her room to give her medicines and inject her vitamins through her IV Line. It hurts him to keep seeing the woman he loved so much and cradled his son to be very much weak. She was a beautiful woman and she still is, despite her body torturing her everyday. He gave them space and sat on the bench patiently as he watch them work on his ex- wife. She went to sleep afterwards and rested her weak and frail body. She was only waiting now for the day she would pass away and she hoped that she would be able to say goodbye to her son appropriately.

...

Arima Takahiko was glad to see Seto Hiroko after she arrived inside the room with her daughter trailing behind her. She smiled at him and sat on the bench that was inches away from her best friend's cot. She's got beautiful black eyes and shining, black hair.

"She looks like you, Hiroko," he complemented.

"What about Kousei? I'm worried about him! He was in shock after his mother hurt him," she asked him as she put her three years old daughter to sit at the bench. "I heard she gave him to you."

"He was always locking himself up in the mansion's music room or he only kept on studying in his room. I think he's distracting himself and keeping himself strong since whenever he began thinking of his mother, he does panic and scream," he answered her. "I don't want that pain to last for long. That's not good for him."

Seto Hiroko began grieving. "I was the one that suggested it to her. I asked her several times and begged her to give him to you. I'm sure you would be able to take care of him while his mother is here."