Telling Vibrations

Last Time:

Sarutobi was alone in his office when he looked out his window and smiled, "I couldn't be more proud of you, Naruto. You're really going places ... I wonder what you'll accomplish next."

XXXXXXXXXX

7 years later ...

Sarutobi was watching the 15 year old shinobi with a bat mask, who was promoted to anbu commander 4 years ago, flip through the Kakashi Hatake's report on what was believed to be the lasts moments of one Obito Uchiha. They have been tracking the group called the Akatsuki since they first got information on them. Naruto managed to get close enough to each member to get a good feel of their vibes and he found something interesting. They were all taken orders from Tobi not Pain.

He also got a good feel for Tobi's body and found that he had many past injuries that occurred at the same time many years ago and is very young so he must be pretending to be Madara Uchiha. When Naruto described the injuries to Sarutobi, the hokage recognized them and gave him the file.

"So, do the injuries match what you felt?" Sarutobi asked.

Bat nodded as he tapped his tuning fork, "Yes, everything matches, even his age and affinities. It looks like Tobi is Obito Uchiha, but we should let Orochimaru and Jiraiya confirm it,"

Sarutobi nodded, "In Jiraiya's last report he said that Obito is looking to take an Uchiha'a eyes and he has his sights on Sasuke's."

"Using the sharingan too much is known to cause blindness so he might be trying to prevent that by finding a replacement pair and Sasuke does have a similar chakra signature and blood type to Obito." Bat pointed out.

"Yes, which is why I wanted to know if you could be his teammate on his genin team? He's going to need a bodyguard." Sarutobi suggested.

Bat nodded, "Yes, I can do that, but I can't be with him all time or it will be suspicious."

"I know so I've assigned you a team. I will give you one year to work and train together. By the end of that year you should decide who will watch Sasuke in the village and who will be his 'jonin sensei' on his team with you."

Bat closed the folder, "I understand. Who are the members of my team?"

"Anko, Kakashi, and Shisui, they should arrive soon. I only told them that this a bodyguard mission for a future genin. I will leave the rest of the details to you." Sarutobi explained.

"That's fine, but are you going to tell Itachi?" Bat snickered as Sarutobi paled slightly. The hokage was not looking forward to telling Sasuke's very protective brother about this.

Sarutobi sighed, "When this meeting is over I'll tell him." Just a few seconds later two anbu appeared, one with a snake mask, and one with a crow mask.

Snake bowed, "Hello commander, hokage-sama." She removed her mask and revealed herself to be Anko. Crow bowed to and removed his mask to reveal himself to be Shisui.

An anbu with a dog mask appeared reading an orange book and Sarutobi said, "Good to see you're on time, Kakashi."

Kakashi removed his mask, "On time? I'm 2 hours late, hokage-sama."

"Well considering the importance of this meeting I decided to tell you this meeting started two hours earlier than it really did so you would be on time." The hokage said with a grin.

Bat sighed, "So I'm stuck with a high maintenance, porn addicted mutt who has no sense of time and uses way to much hair gel-"

Kakashi leapt forward and took the file Bat was holding, "Take that back or I'll burn this!"