Operation Rescue Reptile

Last Time:

Both anbu raced out of the room to save Genma. Sakura always had a sore spot when it came to her hair, but she wasn't a weak fangirl anymore ...

XXXXXXXXXX

"Damn, this could be a problem." Orochimaru muttered as he watched Sasori enter his hideout.

"You're telling me."

It took every ounce of restraint the snake sage had to keep from jumping in shock, "I hate it when you do that, Bat. Why are you- ..." Orochimaru turned to look at the commander, but saw nothing, which was good cause Sasori was coming towards him. "What are you doing here, Sasori?"

"Just stopping by to check on you. Did I interrupt an experiment or something?" The puppet user asked from under the creepy puppet with a scorpion tail.

"Yes as usual, why are you here?" asked the irritated snake sage.

Sasori shrugged, "Madara wanted me to make sure you both were on schedule for a transplant."

Kabuto nodded as he came over, "Everything is ready."

"Very good, I'll take my leave then." With that Sasori left.

"That was odd." The medic commented.

The snake sage frowned, "Yeah, more so than usual. Are you going to chat with us?"

"Love to." said Bat who appeared out of nowhere making Kabuto yelp and nearly knock over a set of test tubes. "Wow, you guys are jumpy today. Maybe you should stop sniffing these chemicals."

"Ha, ha funny, so what's up?" Kabuto asked.

"The hokage sent orders to pull you both out of the Akatsuki." Bat said.

Orochimaru frowned, "They suspect us, don't they?"

"Sasori does suspect you, but that isn't important now. The main issue is that someone, most likely Obito, is studying edo tensei." The commander said seriously.

The medic groaned, "So you think we might be the sacrifices." Bat nodded, "The hokage doesn't want to take the chance."

"I can understand that, but I can't leave with this ring still attached or they'll be able to find me and these rings only come off after death." explained the snake sage.

"Yeah, you mentioned that to Jiraiya, could I see it?" Orochimaru showed him the black ring on his finger and watched as the commander took out a tuning fork and tapped it. "It's a little worse than that ... there are seals deep in the ring, if we don't remove it Obito could use those seals to kill you. This is a problem, but we think we have a way around this ... Jiraiya needs to get a closer look at this though."

"So how do we do that? Obito most likely won't let us near Konoha without an excuse." said the snake sage.

"Yes, that's true ... especially if Sasori shared his suspicions. So you are going to give him what he wants or at least go hunt for it?" The commander asked.

A smirk spread across the snake sage's face, "You want me to offer up Sasuke as an attempt to prove my loyalty ... but in the process of getting Sasuke we both vanish. Not a bad idea. Do you have a time?"

The commander nodded, "The chunin exams, the second test is in the Forest of Death. Pitch it to Obito and try to word it so he doesn't come. If he figures out the trap then he might trigger the seals in your ring before we get to look at it."

"What happens if someone else is sent with us like Sasori?" asked Kabuto.

"The hokage has a plan for that. We have a team ready to extract you two and deal with anyone who you're partnered with." explained the commander.