ᥴhᥲρtᥱr fιvᥱ

jaren groaned as his alarm sounded, blinking his eyes open and smiling at the sleeping john on his screen. they'd fallen asleep on face time, and jaren couldn't help but feel butterflies erupt in his stomach.

or maybe, just maybe, those were roots from flowers twisting themselves around in his insides. 

but jaren didn't have time to think about that, he quickly ended the face time, getting up and rushing towards his dresser. he aimlessly grabbed some clothes, making sure they looked presentable before grabbing his phone and rushing out of his room. he ran into the bathroom, taking the quickest shower anyone had ever seen before running into the living room, he smiled slightly at his sleeping mother on the couch and grabbed his backpack, running out of the house.

john smiled slightly as he watched the boy run down to the bus stop, shaking his head and glancing at darryl. "can we pick jaren up?" he questioned, looking at his friend.

darryl shrugged, staring at his phone, "sure, john. i don't really care, i just hope tyler gets better soon. i'm really worried about him, he just won't stop throwing up." he huffed, watching as john pulled over next to jaren.

"milk boy!" john called, smiling slightly. the brunette's head snapped up, looking at john and darryl. 

"hi, john." jaren murmured, tugging at his sleeves and walking quickly.

"c'mon, milk boy. lemme give you a ride."

"i can ride the bus." jaren huffed, crossing his arms and rushing down the street.

john rolled his eyes, just driving after jaren. "jaren, c'mon. what's wrong?"

"leave me alone, john. you can't handle a relationship right now and i can't handle being friends with you." jaren glared, running down the street to lui's house.

john watched the boy run away with an open mouth, coming to a stop in the middle of the street as darryl's head shot up. "you broke up with jaren?!"

"i told you this!"

🌺

jaren smiled as he sat next to lui, laughing with the boy loudly causing david to look over and raise an eyebrow. "what's so funny?" he questioned, lui smiling brightly as he saw david.

"anthony just caught up with us in the lunch line, he's still funny." jaren smiled, playing with his sweater sleeve as darryl sat next to jon.

"oh, hey darryl." evan smiled, waving.

"hey, evan." darryl hummed, looking at lui as he began talking.

"where's tyler? you two are always together!"

darryl smiled sadly, "tyler's still sick."

john sat next to darryl, earning a look from jaren.

"i've gotta use the bathroom, guys. make sure nobody steals my food." jaren huffed, getting up and earning a confused look from lui.

"oh! jaren, i gotta talk to you about something. i'll come with you." john called, getting up and rushing after the boy. "jaren, jaren, wait up!"

jaren turned quickly, glaring at john. "what?" he snapped, john staring at jaren for a moment.

"uh, a few things..actually." john mumbled, scratching the back of his neck anxiously. "uh, first things first, i guess. what's with the mood change? you were fine with me yesterday?"

"yeah, well, i guess things change. like you loving me." jaren murmured, john stared at jaren, sighing.

"jaren, i still love you." john lied, running a hand through his hair. "i just- i've got some stuff going on at home."